Embed Moviestorm Movies in posts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

You may have noticed from Matt's announcement that we can now embed Moviestorm videos in forum posts.

Easy to do. All you need is the following code:

CODE
[moviestorm]101980[/moviestorm]

Where the number in between the tags is the video id of the movie you want to embed. You'll find this in the url of the video page - the very last set of numbers, in fact. So the above would look like this:

Enjoy!

#2 Overman

Overman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (yolise @ Jun 5 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may have noticed from Matt's announcement that we can now embed Moviestorm videos in forum posts.

CODE

Where the number in between the tags is the video id of the movie you want to embed. You'll find this in the url of the video page - the very last set of numbers, in fact. So the above would look like this:

Enjoy!

Very cool. I'd missed that announcement, thanks!
Phil "Overman" Rice
Zarathustra Studios - http://z-studios.com
You can connect with us On Twitter, On Facebook, On YouTube, and On Vimeo.

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

Thanks a lot for doing this, although personally I hesitate to bombard everyone with my own movies in my posts. LOL. I think I have 48 of them on here now.

#4 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (yolise @ Jun 5 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CODE

Where the number in between the tags is the video id of the movie you want to embed. ....
Enjoy!

Great news! :-) saves taking the 'click round trip'. Hope to see it added to the interface as an icon.
cool :-)
The forum just gets better :-)

#5 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

There is a downside to this though... I think you're less likely to get feedback attached to the movie itself, because that requires the viewer to go and find the movie's page and leave their feedback there.

Of course, as I've now learned I can compensate for that by going and 5 star rating my on movie! laugh.gif (Please fix this!!!)

#6 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

I would looove to see modders Implement this forums feature into their threads. When they showcase a mod, it would be awesome to see the video in the thread they're talking about.

It would also be good for voice actors to post their voice acting demos into their VO List posts. smile.gif

#7 MefuneAkira

MefuneAkira

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (act3scene24 @ Jul 18 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would looove to see modders Implement this forums feature into their threads. When they showcase a mod, it would be awesome to see the video in the thread they're talking about.

It would also be good for voice actors to post their voice acting demos into their VO List posts. smile.gif

Both excellent ideas

#8 s1e9a8n5

s1e9a8n5

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (MefuneAkira @ Dec 23 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both excellent ideas

I second that.

QUOTE (iceaxe @ Jun 6 2009, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a downside to this though... I think you're less likely to get feedback attached to the movie itself, because that requires the viewer to go and find the movie's page and leave their feedback there.

Of course, as I've now learned I can compensate for that by going and 5 star rating my on movie! laugh.gif (Please fix this!!!)

Would there be a way put the Ratings box in a thread? That way people can at least rate it.

As for commenting, let me see if someone can understand this...

You know how when we post a comment here, there are options like insert link, insert image, email link, quote, and code... Perhaps there should be another for those who created the thread. They have the option of selecting one of their videos they want to display on the page from a pull-down menu. It would showcase their video in their post (along with the ratings box).

And anyone who replys in the thread has the option of commenting for the official poster on their video.

For example, who ever created the thread (yolise in this case), those who respond will have the option of using "insert video comment for yolise". It would be like the quotes tag but a code for the page of the official posters video. That way, that comment not only will be displayed in the thread but on their movies page.

That way, people don't have to choose which one (or both) to comment on (thread or movie page). It will automatically have your comment in both places.

?

#9 zeun4749

zeun4749

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

Hope to see it added to the interface as an icon.
cool :-)