• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

I would very much prefer that people NOT re-upload movies with the specific purpose of having them appear on the recently uploaded list; we do not need lots of duplicate copies of movies stored on our website.

If there are particular movies that you think need more attention, please let me know; they may be suitable for our featured movies (I may not reply, or feature it immediatly; we have a list of movies to be featured which I can add to).
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#22 Ichikaidan

Ichikaidan

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Apr 24 2013, 2:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would very much prefer that people NOT re-upload movies with the specific purpose of having them appear on the recently uploaded list; we do not need lots of duplicate copies of movies stored on our website.

Now hell looms darkly for me.
It was never my intention to promote films that way. Nor to advise it. I was only joking.
But i sometimes reuploaded enhanced versions of several movies. And still intend to if i see need.
Instead of making a new entry i noticed the updated version went to top of new release. So there.
Now i wish everyone a fine and fresh film making day. wink.gif wink.gif
Creating situations and learning to see.

#23 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Ichikaidan @ Apr 24 2013, 1:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even as newbie user i frown at the fierce language used.
Let me explain that i can fully understand and endorse delores1day her enthusiasm to share
with us her beautiful and hard work.
And yes i can also fully understand that if i uploaded my work it would be swept down onwards.
And i would not be to worried it happens to often. No, what disturbs me is that such a small annoyance
leads to such heavy handed altercation with such persistence.
Come on guys, reupload some of yours and you are top of the list. So, what s the point.
Please ,ok?.
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

This is the last thing I'll say on this matter.

Ichikaidan, I think it's nice of you to try and make peace here. No one is saying that Delores shouldn't share her work. It's the way she goes about it that's selfish and annoying. Go through the forum posts here and you'll see this isn't the first time this has happened and people were pretty annoyed with her behavior back then too. Either she didn't learn from that experience or she just doesn't care.

As for what Lucinda is saying, I know that people can upload their movies elsewhere and promote them elsewhere and so on. The point is, some people might want just the community to see their movies. That's what the movies page is for. You may not care that Delores might crowd your film out with her spam, but not everyone sees it that way. People shouldn't have to find a workaround to get their movie seen because Delores can't seem to be considerate of others.
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...ser/pixel62Warp

#24 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

vphilly, you don't have to upload your movies on other sites to get views. You just need to promote the Moviestorm movies page and the movies you have uploaded in other sites, like Facebook and MySpace and other social networking sites. That will bring outside people to Moviestorm and that not only helps you but it helps promote Moviestorm. I don't know why you only want Moviestorm users to view your movies. I would think you would want them to be viewed by a lot of people. I have promoted your movies on my Facebook page.

#25 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (delores1day @ Apr 21 2013, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My purpose for uploading multiple movies is not to SPAM the Moviestorm community. Rather, it is my desire to share set design and lighting techniques and samples with novice users. I also enjoy promoting the works of some of the greatest modders who without their skill and creativity, our works would look like crap!

Thanks for watching. smile.gif

Thanks for all the comments both negative and positive. The reason for the low viewership of my episodes on this forum is because most of my episodes are marked for mature audiences. Most of the members are underage, so I do not want to shock the moviestorm community.

Next, the moviestorm crowd is not my typical target audience, and neither is YouTube. I have a much larger more urban viewership elsewhere, and a published CD box collection distribution network unrelated to this crowd. So, I have viewers.

Keep in mind folks, all of this is just for fun. All movies on this forum is pure amatuer animation. Not one single member here has made it to Hollywood, and I do not take this stuff seriously, and neither should you guys. It's all about having fun and not starting wars.

Thanks for watching! Smile!
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#26 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (delores1day @ Apr 24 2013, 5:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason for the low viewership of my episodes on this forum is because most of my episodes are marked for mature audiences.

Really? How do you know this. You're sure it's not because you're still at the novice stage and watching your movies isn't terribly rewarding?

Most of the members are underage, so I do not want to shock the moviestorm community.

And you know the age of "the moviestorm community" how?

Next, the moviestorm crowd is not my typical target audience, and neither is YouTube.

But still you continue to flood the site with your creations.

#27 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Actually, some of us get paid to make movies. I do and have earned a bit of money and I have movies on IMDB too and for sale on Amazon.com. So a lot of us are not amatures at this at all.

#28 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 25 2013, 5:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, some of us get paid to make movies. I do and have earned a bit of money and I have movies on IMDB too and for sale on Amazon.com. So a lot of us are not amatures at this at all.

Could you support yourself on your earning from Moviestorm? If not, you are kidding yourself.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#29 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Primaveranz, I don't have to support myself. My husband has a very good job but earning a bit of money doing this comes in very handy.

#30 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for all the comments both negative and positive. The reason for the low viewership of my episodes on this forum is because most of my episodes are marked for mature audiences. Most of the members are underage, so I do not want to shock the moviestorm community.

I would think the reason for your low viewership is due to the fact that you spammed the Recent Movies page, and people find that annoying and obnoxious. Saying that it's not spam or that it's some tribute to the modding gods doesn't make the spam any more palatable. Didn't you learn this the last time you annoyed people with this behavior?

Next, the moviestorm crowd is not my typical target audience, and neither is YouTube. I have a much larger more urban viewership elsewhere, and a published CD box collection distribution network unrelated to this crowd. So, I have viewers.

If we or YouTube are not your target audience, why bother with us at all? I've seen MS movies at Machinima.com that were not published here, by users I've never heard of. If you have an audience that appreciates being inundated with a truckload of your episodes, by all means inundate them. People here find that behavior annoying.

Keep in mind folks, all of this is just for fun. All movies on this forum is pure amatuer animation. Not one single member here has made it to Hollywood, and I do not take this stuff seriously, and neither should you guys. It's all about having fun and not starting wars.

Delores, this "war" was started by you, plainly speaking. It's not fun when one member hijacks the site for their own purposes, amateur animation or not. No one else in this community has spammed the movies page as you have, that I can recall. Shouldn't that be a clue? When in Rome and all that. You would generate a lot of good will if you just had some consideration towards others in this community and not just yourself.

I remember another thread where people were offering you help and constructive criticism re: your soap opera, and you just weren't listening there, either. You kept coming back with the same spin over and over until people just gave up offering you advice. If you would just offer an olive branch and some contriteness on your part, you'd find that people here are forgiving, accepting and very very helpful. Even though I'd hung around MS for a while before uploading a movie or participating in the forums, I was nervous uploading my first movie. It was very gratifying to feel accepted by everyone here and more so for the nice comments they made about my movies. So is it really worth aggravating people? Wouldn't you rather be a part of this community instead of having people come down on you? Or do you just not care?
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...ser/pixel62Warp

#31 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

I'm afraid Delores will justify and continue with her obnoxious behaviour so long as she can get away with it.
She seems impervious to complaints from the rest of the community.
I'm not sure a great deal would be lost if she were banned from the site.
As she says, she can promote her movies elsewhere. I'm sure Lucinda would help her out.

#32 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Of course I understand why some of you get irritated when someone uses up so much of the first page of Moviestorm movies. It doesn't make any difference to me though as I still get a lot of views for my movies and that is because my movies are viewed mostly by people outside of Moviestorm since I am pretty well known now. But the thing is anyone can upload their Moviestorm movies here and as many movies at a time as they want, so why don't the rest of you who are complaining just make more movies and upload them here too. All the movies I make now are full length feature films so I only upload mod demos and trailers for my movies. I would really like to see more movies by different people here. I watch the movies here a lot.

#33 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I think it is obvious to anyone with a bit of common sense that an excess of anything is not a good marketing tool.
Most of the people watching movies here are already creators. If you want people to watch your movies then finding ways to annoy your potential audience is a counterproductive waste of energy.

However , if the main aim is to draw attention to yourself and generate drama, then of course people are currently able do whatever they like within the site rules to achieve that end.
Whether doing so is seen as a good thing, is of course up to the individual in question.

#34 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Well this thread is currently getting more views than any other threads on here right now so all the arguing is doing is giving Delores more attention from the public. Actually as far as movies only being viewed by Moviestorm users is not true at all. I promote a lot of people's movies on here and so they get viewed by people who are not part of Moviestorm. And the arguing here does not help the site at all. And there are no rules here that say a person cannot upload as many movies as they have made with Moviestorm. Actually, I would have viewed her episodes if they had been made into a full length feature film instead of having so many episodes on here because I can't figure out which episode to watch first. So Delores, combine all the episodes into a full length movie and you will get more views for this video.

#35 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 26 2013, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't make any difference to me though as I still get a lot of views for my movies and that is because my movies are viewed mostly by people outside of Moviestorm since I am pretty well known now.

That's one way of looking at it laugh.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#36 ArthurVKuhrmeier

ArthurVKuhrmeier

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 25 2013, 4:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And there are no rules here that say a person cannot upload as many movies as they have made with Moviestorm.

Some people consider the Ten Commandments holy. But they are truly embarrassing for mankind. Do I really have to tell you "Don't steal!" and "Don't kill!" ? There are some rules I shouldn't have to give because they're just obvious. And good behavior in a community is one of those. And I read here that this isn't the first time Delores broke the rules. One can make a mistake. But repeating a mistake or even justify it is another obvious rule broken.

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 25 2013, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't make any difference to me though as I still get a lot of views for my movies and that is because my movies are viewed mostly by people outside of Moviestorm since I am pretty well known now.

And it's not about you, dear Lucinda. There are lots of stormers, young and old, unknown and well-known, new and existing -- and they all have the right to get a fair chance without being flooded by ONE person.

Arthur dry.gif

#37 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

---
Arthur,I know that. I am just trying to help out other film makers get their movies viewed by people outside of Moviestorm. I have had a lot of luck and success with this and I really want to help other filmmakers and help Moviestorm too by getting more outside people watching the movies and seeing the software. To get yourself known you just have to get out there on the internet and connect with professional film makers. And you do have to promote yourself. Now putting a ton of movies at one time on Moviestorm movies page won't do that but promoting your movies elsewhere with links to your Moviestorm channel can help a lot.