• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 czechboysonic

czechboysonic

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:17 AM

Cross-posting from 3rd party tools - but basically anyone who's a fan of the Grand Theft Auto series, and the movie-making potential of it's tools (although, if you're like me you like it in and of itself as an adult gamer), the GTA V editor is now available as part of the latest free DLC on the 'next gen' consoles (PS4 / Xbone) where it was previously a PC exclusive.

I run a Mac Mini (that's a few years old now) so no way I'd ever be able to run the PC version (and I've done all my gaming on console for years now anyway), but I've got a PS4 with GTAV installed (and it's on my PS3 as well), so I jumped at the chance to download this.

Threw together a totally plotless 3 minute rampage by the seaside set to music as a tool test basically (so - WARNING - if you're not a fan of senseless violence don't watch it) after around ten minutes 'filming' and one evening of 'editing' while exploring the tool. Haven't used any of the inbuilt filters or audio tools, and there's no dialogue so you can't see lip-synch (but if you're familiar with the game, especially the GTA Online multi-player, you'd know this works), but if you DON'T mind a bit of violence feel free to check out the video .

https://youtu.be/uQPVUO-4ne4

If I can do this with minimum exposure to the tool after one night of messing around, it will be great to see what other people can do (not everyone who wants to make machinima has a 'high end' gaming PC and would therefore have the PC version of the game + editor already - some of us like me have a shitty PC and spend our gaming dollars on current gen console hardware)

Let me know what y'all think !

#2 aroundworld

aroundworld

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Film - writing - directing - aviation - traveling - machinema - reading - acting -

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:40 AM

She's not a very nice girl.

Wow... Im impressed!  You're editing right in PS?

There is no try, only do or do not.

Learn story telling in the MOVIESTORM education forum. 

START HERE:  http://www.moviestor...showtopic=13153

#3 czechboysonic

czechboysonic

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:52 AM

She's not a very nice girl.

Wow... Im impressed!  You're editing right in PS?

Yes - editing right in PS, no export out (so the soundtrack is also limited to the tunes available in the editor - otherwise I suspect I would have gone for something totally different - but this worked in the end). That test clip only scratched the surface - didn't use any of the inbuilt filters and most of the shots (especially over-heads apart) were fairly brief - I haven't used the Rockstar Editor on PC in any of the prior versions of the game either, so totally new to the tool.

SO yes - someone who knows what they're doing could do much better than I can I suspect :)