23 replies to this topic

#21 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jun 2 2010, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are too hard on yourselves. The long hairstyles were the best ones. Remember when you do work for other people's use, it isn't always what you would want as an artist but what the other person would like to have.

I could Not Agree More

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#22 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Jun 6 2010, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could Not Agree More

I still cannot find the Juliet hairstyle. I have all the other old faces and hairstyles working in Moviestorm now from Base Beta 02 and the Pioneer pack. I did notice something though that could explain why many older models, heads and hairstyles were thrown out, the newer hairstyles will not fit on the older heads. I think probably the older hairstyles won't fit right on the newer heads too but I use the older heads anyway as I don't care for the newer faces. The older ones were better looking. I don't know why the props, houses, trees and such were thrown out as they work fine so I hope they will bring those back.

#23 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Jun 8 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did notice something though that could explain why many older models, heads and hairstyles were thrown out, the newer hairstyles will not fit on the older heads. I think probably the older hairstyles won't fit right on the newer heads too but I use the older heads anyway as I don't care for the newer faces. The older ones were better looking. I don't know why the props, houses, trees and such were thrown out as they work fine so I hope they will bring those back.

Lucinda you have a moders licence why dont you take textures from the old faces and apply them to the new then the new hair would still fit right. Textuer swap or do the textures need to be modified to fit properly? If that the case send them my way texture modification I am good at. Have you seen my darth mual head or the cardasian heads i moded for star wreck.

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#24 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Jun 14 2010, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lucinda you have a moders licence why dont you take textures from the old faces and apply them to the new then the new hair would still fit right. Textuer swap or do the textures need to be modified to fit properly? If that the case send them my way texture modification I am good at. Have you seen my darth mual head or the cardasian heads i moded for star wreck.

It is the structure of the head that is different and for that we need the skeletons. I have retextured heads and you can't really change anything but the colors or add things like spots, tattoos, etc. You can't change the shape of any of the facial features. At least nothing I did in rexturing changed the basic shape of the face or head. Someday when we get the skeletons, we will be able to do this.