• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:01 PM

Maybe this is an old acquaitance for the veterans in these forums, but before posting this I have searched for it and found no significant references.

If you, like me, use to divide your films in a number of separate movies, at the end you'll need a tool to get all the pieces together. Of course, there are many options, depending on whether some post-processing is required, the encoding or format used for the final product, etc.  But if you just want to join those many webm files into one sole webm file, the most convenient tool I've found is mkvToolnix (http://www.videohelp...ools/MKVtoolnix). It's available for Windows, Mac and Linux, and there is also a portable version.

I've tried also Any Video Converter, but in my experience it seems to work on an irregular basis: some times it renders a working output file, but there are times that anything goes wrong.

Please note that, by default, mkvToolnix' output files sport a .mkv extension, but you can safely change it to the more familiar webm, since this format is the same with some extra restrictions.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#2 EugeneE

EugeneE

Master Director

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:24 PM

I can also vouce vouch for MkvToonix, it really is a great program. I dual boot my comp, Lubuntu (Linux) and Windows 8.1 and I have it installed both on Lubuntu and Windows 8.1 .

It's a great problem and allows you to add new audio or remove it, same with subtitles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users