Photo

Stock Images from old Computer to New - MS Crash?

stock

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spenayoung

spenayoung

Director

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:20 PM

Hello all,

I finally bought a new computer. I have been able to transfer the addons, but I tried to copy/paste my stock figures and sets and MS won't run with them. There are 5 GB worth of stock materials, and I don't need all of them, but I wanted to know if anyone has a trick other than transferring them one-by-one and seeing which one crash? I deleted everything I transferred over and MS worked again, but a bulk transfer doesn't work.

I am running Mac OSX.11.6 El Capitan. The stock is saved on my external hard drive. I think some work and some don't, but not sure which. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

Sabrina

Sabrina Pena Young
Composer/Filmmaker/Sci-fi Junkie
Libertaria: The Virtual Opera

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Visit My Website

#2 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:22 PM

There are 5 GB worth of stock materials, and I don't need all of them, but I wanted to know if anyone has a trick other than transferring them one-by-one and seeing which one crash?

Hi, Sabrina.

Nice to see you here again.

I'm afraid there is no such a thing, if I've understood what you're asking for. As far as I know, stock assets (both characters and sets) are just a convenient way to transfer or share assets among movies and/or scenes. When you save one of them to disk, you give it a name and, optionally a description, in order to make its retrieval an easier task, but as soon as you load it into a new movie, that reference info (precisely what we'd need to associate movies and stock items) is lost and only the contents (ie, props and their attributes, bodyparts used, etc) are transferred.

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM

#3 LukeAlbright

LukeAlbright

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:49 PM

There are 5 GB worth of stock materials, and I don't need all of them, but I wanted to know if anyone has used phenq before a trick other than transferring them one-by-one and seeing which one crash?

Hi, Sabrina.

Nice to see you here again.

I'm afraid there is no such a thing, if I've understood what you're asking for. As far as I know, stock assets (both characters and sets) are just a convenient way to transfer or share assets among movies and/or scenes. When you save one of them to disk, you give it a name and, optionally a description, in order to make its retrieval an easier task, but as soon as you load it into a new movie, that reference info (precisely what we'd need to associate movies and stock items) is lost and only the contents (ie, props and their attributes, bodyparts used, etc) are transferred.

Is it possible to use DropBox like the other user suggested to overcome this problem?

#4 CodyDavis

CodyDavis

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:39 PM

Is it possible to use DropBox what is the best dbal max steroid alternative? like the other user suggested to overcome this problem?

Yes, I think that DropBox or any other file storage service should solve the problem.