Drums disappeared props vanish drummer gone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

Very weird situation I cant solve. I built set from scratch for a rock band and added 3 guitarists and a drummer with drums. I set the actions, playing guitar and playing drums etc and everything works fine in each view until I go to cutting room and the drums and drummer vanish after about 10 seconds. I tried new set, new drummer, different drums etc but same problem. Drums and drummer vanish after a6 - qr seconds. I tried moving the actions, so none overlapped etc. A couple of times the drummer did show in cutting room but after adding an audio track, then vanished. Once, all showed fine until publish view when I couldnt publish. (Happens sometimes so I save, close program and reload which then enables me to publish) But this time I reloaded and drummer and drums vanished. In the end I simply removed the drums and drummer completely and published without as the scene was only a scene steer for the main plot scene. Should have taken 30 minutes but I spent hours trying to complete with drums before I gave up.
When I have recovered will to live I will try a short scene with just drums and drummer to see what happens. Any help or observations would be welcome please.

Happy New Year

Dennis

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:55 AM

Check out this thread. It is a known issue.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for that. Tried the place, move from side, move to sit and failed.

I did have the band on a platform so went back to set construct, removed staging and replaced band on the ground. Went through the place, move etc and drums showed in cut room  but wouldn't render. Went back to set in direct mode and moved drum playing time line away from move sit etc and tried again. Bingo! I now have the scene I want with drummer and drums.

Thought I would put this on forum for others who have the problem.

Thanks for your help - I can now move to next scene outside the rock concert. Only 6 scenes to go and I will have my Q project ready for Power Director to put together as one film.

It really is remarkable how MS enables a complete novice like myself to complete a 20 minute movie after having the software for 6-7 weeks. Superb software.

regards

Dennis

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

Glad I could help ;)

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"