first movie new movie comments please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Hi everyone. I have only had MS for a couple of months but got to grips with it fairly swiftly with help from you guys.

I am retired so have the time to explore the software. I wrote a script and have produced a movie called Q and it is available to view on you tube on the following link:-

youtube.com/watch?v=zXyjThl7j_U 

It is 25 minutes so allow time please

It is a first effort so I would welcome any comments and advice, but please play nicely :-) 

best wishes

Dennis

#2 Bazlawton31

Bazlawton31

Novice director

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

Hi Denis, thats a great start, much better than my first outing, lots of good scenes and some great characters and the voices are really good, well done.

ps, put a link in the Forum under  "Now Showing" for people to follow.

Look forward to your next movie. 

#3 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:39 PM

Thank you Baz

I appreciate the time taken to view and comment. 

I've done as you suggested and posted on Now Showing.

I'm now in thinking mode to establish a new idea for the next project.

I have one script from Simply Scripts that I like and have permission to film it from the author, and an idea from a newspaper article but, I really enjoyed developing my own original idea and scripting the storyline so need to wait upon the muses to speak to me again.

The idea for Q came from standing in line outside Pets at Home waiting for it to open on a Sunday morning, when I arrived a bit too early. Just listening to the others in the queue led to the idea. Strange how these things come to you isn't it.

regards

Dennis

#4 Bazlawton31

Bazlawton31

Novice director

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:29 PM

Thats great, its funny how you can come up with ideas, it usually happens like that, out of the blue from everyday things, stories are all around us, if I go out walking I sometimes think of an idea from things I see out, but I have a bad habit of starting a new movie and then thinking about another one, and sometimes I have to do the second one first which happened not long ago when I was making Halloween 2018, I had the idea of a new one called Ghosts, so I made that first and then carried on with Halloween 2018.

Anyway, look forward to your next movie,

Barry.. 

#5 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:10 AM

I liked the atmosphere created in Ghosts and Halloween and the lighting. Dark was dark but clear to see. You clearly have a liking for the macabre! :-)