• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Just popping up some ideas I`m getting, this one maybe a bit to ambitious though.

Here is a snippet of the prologue I have written up for this idea which I randomly titled Second chance.

In 2045 a war was raged all over the planet when nearly all of earths resources were exhausted.
By 2047 humans as a race became almost extinct after the use of volitile chemical weapons and acts of brutality.

Little did we realise we were being watched at a distance from an alien species.

The aliens came to our planet and began to harvest what was left of the human race, their intention to save the humans from them selves and set up a new civilzation under their supervision and control.
The aliens knowing how volatile the human species are implanted humans with mood monitoring chips with the intention of controling and preventing violence.
T
he aliens were successful in their attempts, the human species began to grow in numbers even though there has been no child in sight. Pregnant women were taken away by the aliens to unknown locations, they were never seen again.

The story would follow a man who begins to question their existence and the purpose.

The setting would be in space and on a kind of artificial world that the aliens created for the humans.

Humans will have a mood chip attached to the back of their head (would be a custom mod kind of like a square light that changes from green to red depending on the humans mood). They are monitored by aliens, if a humans mood changes the chip alerts them and aliens swiftly intervene and take the person away for processing.

The humans only contact with the aliens is through one man who they have never seen in person, but he brands himself as the humans president and their channel of communication with the aliens. Humans contact him through comms available in their living quarters.

Of course not all is going to be what it seems.

This is pretty much all I can think of right now. I can tell though that this could end up being quite a big project if taken up ohmy.gif

#2 mystery_egypt

mystery_egypt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 926 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

Sounds intriguing, but also like a big script as you said, if you want to give it the depth it needs.
The main character, would he look for the women who disappeared and for the children?
Wow, the human's president must be pretty busy if everyone can contact him directly, unless it's just a limited number of people who make up the new civilization.

(Hehe, btw you reminded me of my science teacher, who instead of teaching us the curriculum, rather told us stories and deliberated on fantasy theories (e.g. he was a fan of the series MacGyver back then, and developed theories what one should always have on himself in order to survive in desert or other locations, lol). Anyhow, one day he told us his theory about our civilization: He thought that humans were put on Earth by aliens, and the Earth was their "lab" sort of. One day, when the aliens finish this experiment, we'd see a note by the aliens on the sky saying "Game over" laugh.gif )

#3 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

lol

I have my ideas of twists and do think it could get complex, heck it could take a while just writing a script for it, and that`s before doing any modding and production lol

The problem with me is that I get these big scale ideas and have a hard time following them up, Infected and Meet the Monsters are prime examples.

I know if I produced a lengthy film to be watched in one sitting many viewers would likely switch off, then there is the problem of hosting and their limitations.

I will likely do some work on scripting for this idea but I am best going for smaller scale stuff first lol tongue.gif

#4 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

Sounds pretty interesting KV. Keep us updated with whats going on.

#5 65radius

65radius

Director

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

Sounds Good! Have you considered breaking the project up in instalments?

#6 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

It has been considered but let`s face it, apart from my Cross series I have never really followed up with any others lol blink.gif

#7 Xolotl

Xolotl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

This sounds like a fun project.
Of course, a unique style would define the look and story of this original idea.

#8 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

Wow! I love it, some really intriguing ideas in this one. blink.gif I think you have a monumentus task ahead, though if you pull if off (which I'm sure you will) you will have a hit.
Good luck. biggrin.gif
I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--