• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#21 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Thanks Delores for standing up for me. This movie is just a short clip. I was paid to make it and now I am making another one for the same company. I probably will be making more for them. I listen to the customer and what they want me to do with a movie and I make changes as they ask for them. I have not had a customer who has not liked my work. As I said before, this is not the commercial movie. The new script is entirely different, not because they didn't like my movie but because they wanted the commercial to be about making video clips and having them on the internet to promote your business so they finally wrote their own script and I did that one too.

As far as your criticism of my work guys, you know there are nice ways to make suggestions to other people but because you do this in such a mean way, I know you are not really trying to help me at all. If I had not put this thread here to show my movie, I would ask the staff to lock this thread as they have others when people start bashing me.

#22 DoublePrimePictures

DoublePrimePictures

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

Made really fabulous. I like very much.

#23 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (delores1day @ May 24 2013, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You send me harassing emails.

I didn't want to do this, but you've left me no choice. Below is the content of the very first PM I ever got from you, in response to me (and others) pointing out your selfish and inconsiderate behavior on this website. At no time was I ever rude to you and in fact tried being polite to you, UNTIL you sent me the following:

Listen here you spineless racist ass hater, leave me the hell alone! Like I said before, this s***, all of this s*** is amateur. Get a f***ing life you idiot! Move the f*** on okay. You and your two-faced ass foolish ass friends need to move the f*** on.

HAS SPEILBERG CALLED YOU YET MOTHER*****R? ANSWER ME? Hell no!

HAS DISNEY CONTACTED YOUR ASS? Hell no! and they never will.

Get your foolish asses off the forum and make some movies you fool!!!

Pissed! No I'm not pissed. Matter of fact, I am not angry. But I need to address your no-talented asses. What are you afraid of? That someone else will come along with creativity? Now leave me the f*** alone before I report your asses!

F*** off!

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif I just want to make one thing clear and that is that at no time have I ever made race an issue with you, yet you pulled the race card on me anyway. Only the weak, unscrupulous mind of a person who is perfectly comfortable cheating does something like that. This is just one example of your despicable and monstrous behavior here. I believe others may have received similar PMs as well. Your disgusting behavior makes you a person to be avoided at all costs. It's just too bad that you force yourself and your foolishness on people rather than choose to participate. You could have been a friend here, you could have chosen to be a kind and considerate person here. Instead, you choose to gorge and vomit. You choose to alienate people with your garbage behavior and your dismissive attitude. What do you do when someone offers a free mod to the public that he really toiled over? You toss a halfhearted thanks his way and hand him a laundry list of crap that you want. What do you do when a modder comes to your aid to fulfill one of your requests? You ham-handedly tell him to get cracking on more crap that you want. This is the kind of behavior that makes you a joke here. This is why people come down on you, sweetheart darling cupcake. When I tell Lucinda to not be like you, I mean it with all my heart. In fact, I now coin the phrase "to pull a Delores1Day". When someone starts to exhibit rude, selfish and inconsiderate behavior here, we just need to tell them "don't pull a Delores1Day" and people will know what is meant. The day you disappear from these forums will be a day to celebrate, Delores darling. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

So Lucinda, I am asking you to please please please not be a Delores1Day. Don't be like that. Open yourself up to help from others. The fact that people care enough to point out ways to improve your movies ought to be a big clue to you. No one is flocking to give Delores advice. Why do you suppose that is?
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...ser/pixel62Warp

#24 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (delores1day @ May 25 2013, 5:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Darn! here is another UNPAID PARKING TICKET who just follows you around and around. Blah! Blah! The King or Queen of Haterville. Vimeo Shemio who gives a crap! Leave folks alone!!!

Nobody really bothers anyone around here and people are actually trying to help Lucinda. People tried to be nice to you and to reason with you. What did you do? You showed them the back of your hand like you're better than all of them. People come down on you because you're rude, arrogant, dismissive and so monumentally selfish. Get that through that concrete block you call a skull. Look at you dismissing Harb the way you do. Harb is considered with way better regard around here than you *ever will be*. But hey, what can you expect from a despicable person but despicable behavior. This is why people don't like you, sweetheart.
"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." -some dead guy.

#25 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (vphilly @ May 25 2013, 3:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nobody really bothers anyone around here and people are actually trying to help Lucinda. People tried to be nice to you and to reason with you. What did you do? You showed them the back of your hand like you're better than all of them. People come down on you because you're rude, arrogant, dismissive and so monumentally selfish. Get that through that concrete block you call a skull. Look at you dismissing Harb the way you do. Harb is considered with way better regard around here than you *ever will be*. But hey, what can you expect from a despicable person but despicable behavior. This is why people don't like you, sweetheart.

Blah! Blah! Boo Hoo!! DRUM ROLL PLEASE! laugh.gif
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#26 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Actually I have a lot of friends on Moviestorm and the new users like me. I am nice to everyone here. I give away my addons for free and I offer help to other film makers, especially the new users here and I also promote movies made by other Moviestorm users too.

#27 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 25 2013, 7:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as your criticism of my work guys, you know there are nice ways to make suggestions to other people but because you do this in such a mean way, I know you are not really trying to help me at all. If I had not put this thread here to show my movie, I would ask the staff to lock this thread as they have others when people start bashing me.

How have people been mean in their improvement comments here Lucinda? The advice given is not mean at all. "Try not to move the camera so much", "turn off improvs", don't rush the speech", "try doing this or try doing that", how are these things mean?

Not one person has been mean in their comments about what they see is wrong and how to improve it. The only mean things they have said is in response to your refusal to listen. You might as well lock the thread. You always have that done since you cannot seem to take constructive criticism and learn from it. Why even make a thread that can have people post in it?

Delores, please, do us all a favor and grow up.
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#28 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 25 2013, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I have a lot of friends on Moviestorm and the new users like me. I am nice to everyone here. I give away my addons for free and I offer help to other film makers, especially the new users here and I also promote movies made by other Moviestorm users too.

No one is saying otherwise Lucinda. You are nice to new people here and you do try to help, but you really have a hard time when help is directed your way and it shows in your work. I tried to help you with Lumberton Lake, did I not? Was I being mean to you in any way? So then, what is it about accepting help and criticism from others that's so difficult for you? We all have insecurities, Lucinda. All of us. Don't you think that I was nervous when I uploaded my first movie here? Being open to criticism will have a two fold effect on you. It will help you grow as an artist AND give you a thicker skin too. As I said before, why do you think people continue to offer you advice? It's not to hurt you, but to help you. The fact that they keep offering adivce should tell you that people want to see you improve. No one is rushing to offer Delores any help, because she is rude, arrogant and dismissive of others and a general pain in the ass. Don't be like that. People have given up on Delores, but not you and not yet. Don't let it get to the point where they do. That's when you really won't have any friends here and I know you don't want that.

#29 vphilly

vphilly

Director

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (delores1day @ May 25 2013, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blah! Blah! Boo Hoo!! DRUM ROLL PLEASE! laugh.gif

You just keep digging that hole deeper, baby. Go right ahead. Sometimes it's fun to watch someone shoot themselves in the foot over and over. A smart person would just quit while she was way behind. Then again, look who I'm dealing with. Maybe you should just scream "RACIIIISSSTTT" again.

#30 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 25 2013, 3:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Listen Lucinda, you don't have to keep trying to validate your credentials and win the approval of others. Your works whether good or bad explains it all and speaks for itself. Some of the pointers about this clip were and are true. I'm quite sure you, I, and others will learn from them.

I remember when I posted my first movie here. It was a complete disaster. I think it may have been PapaG who had given me some really wonderful advice. When I look back and reviewed the clip, it was indeed awful! Later, I used PapaG’s criticism to grow. He wasn't being mean, he was being truthful. I've been growing ever since.

My remaining 500 plus episodes aren't listed here because of the adult content. However, even without that, this community isn't my target audience. I respect that many viewers here enjoy action packed sci-fi, comedy, satires and so forth. When it comes to less adventurous features such as dramas, chick flicks, this is not the place. I’m cool with that.

Sometimes it’s not about ‘high viewership’. I have learned that in many instances, all it takes is just one or two viewers to become loyal fans of your movies. Later, these two dedicated viewers will enable your works to become viral. I’ve maintained a career in PR and marketing for a few years. With the advent of modern technology, I’ve learned a bit about falsity of ‘Click-thru-Rates’. In many instances, viewers watch our clips for various reasons; controversy, admiration, learning, curiosity, excitement, or hatervillitis. Whatever the reason, ‘less is more’ and ‘more is less’. I’d rather settle for two viewers who’ll truly become fans, than a hundred who’ll click through in order to make a sheer mockery out of my creativity.

Sometimes I watch the works of others just to take notes; camera movement, gestures, lighting and so forth. 65radius, mysteryegypt, kv, squirrely girl, and many others from my following list. I adapt their techniques in order to continue growing.
rolleyes.gif
I said this to end with this; Lucinda use some of the advice given so that you may improve upon your preexisting wonderful works.

Smile!

#31 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Delores, I am not going to remake this movie as I do not have the time to do it. I am too busy making other movies.

#32 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 25 2013, 5:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Delores, I am not going to remake this movie as I do not have the time to do it. I am too busy making other movies.

I'm not suggesting that you remake your movie. That will take ions of time. Enjoy yourself. Go to the beach or something. I enjoyed your clip. Just take the good advice from others and learn from it.
tongue.gif
One of my techniques of saving time on filming is that I predesigned my all of my sets based on the actions and personality of my top billed characters. In that way, I'm able to put out at least 15-20 movies per month.

But no! Settle with what's been posted and enjoy.

Thanks for the replies.

#33 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Please do not insult each other. This thread is being locked.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users