alteregotrip's Content

There have been 42 items by alteregotrip (Search limited from 17-October 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#93768 Vote for your free Dojo addon

Posted by alteregotrip on 02 September 2012 - 07:12 AM in The Lounge

It looks amazing.. I have to say, I love your works to begin with, but that dojo was the kind of thing that makes for a brilliant backdrop, no matter what the topic of the film is.. (just as your school house was the intro to my All's Well in Roswell project) It is brilliant!

#91803 "All is Well in Roswell"

Posted by alteregotrip on 04 July 2012 - 07:21 AM in Now showing!

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=108286

please enjoy as I am sitting on a train postimg this...to brag about going 200 k/h while tping slowly with one finger.

#90938 "Roswell Husbands" (work in progress)

Posted by alteregotrip on 01 June 2012 - 02:48 PM in In production

So I have unsolicited jumped into a huge project, (for me)
I've got a team of talented individuals, who probably don't even know they are in my eyes a "team".

Based upon the short play,"Roswell Husbands" Written by Jason Sullivan, the author himself has given permission to create this project as a machinima as well as provided a voice to one of his characters!

Having been a fan of Loris Rizzo, please take note that I'm not the only one who has enjoyed his videos
and his voice and he too out of his kindness has also generously provided me with a voice for a
character in this project.

http://www.flickr.co...p/tags/roswell/
Some test examples of the lighting and sets so far on Flickr which will eventually grow with time before I'm ready to render and edit.

And below a little sneak at the atmosphere in a fully rendered form without the music, which may be an interesting thing, to be announced if I can get permissions, if not, I can eventually create a sound track, but it won't be the same as what I'm thinking.

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=108235

Thank you much to those who have been curious enough to take a look and even rate the preview. smile.gif

#89703 Upload failures a little too much

Posted by alteregotrip on 22 April 2012 - 08:06 AM in Website feedback

Hello, although its happened to me with one of my first videos in that series of Astrological subjects..
in correspondence with Loris he has had two upload failures in the last day.. in his attempt to upload his newest project. He stated that it went up to 66% and then failed..

He usually uploads quite small files actually and usually is very efficient when dealing with the size of his works.. although this latest one is about 12 minutes. I know my own was only about 5 minutes but I decided to make it MPG4 or something instead of AVI just because the upload failed so miserably and then did the rest for the other projects.. (with no trouble)

Has there been a change to the system format to where the video uploads are more sensitive? I know that they take time but.. I also see it as something a little slower going on as well.. as opposed to maybe a few months ago.

Just wanted to ask and see of other people were having difficulty uploading their projects onto the site.

Also since I've personally avoiding youtube lately for their changes in just the overall ugliness of their design of the channels and making those changes in a forced way, I have not uploaded any videos to youtube. Anything I have uploaded to the "public eye" has been on moviestorm...and posting my links TO moviestorm.. bringing hopefully good attention to the site as well.

Please help it be easier for people to upload so that more work can be seen here smile.gif

Thank you!

AET

#88985 Indian Culture for $2

Posted by alteregotrip on 03 April 2012 - 08:13 PM in Announcements

Because I already have a rented licence its not letting me buy it.. sad.gif I want it. I really like it too.

#87162 What the...

Posted by alteregotrip on 14 February 2012 - 07:30 AM in The Lounge

Not just yours & mine but also the most recent bit from Loris Rizzo as well.. he did a nice one.. but its not got many views which is strange. blink.gif

#86956 The Old Tree

Posted by alteregotrip on 08 February 2012 - 08:09 AM in Now showing!

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=107947

I'm not completely satisfied, but this is what I wanted the entire film to look like.. I just felt perhaps too impatient about the voice over & a few small glitches in editing.. which is why I may change it.

#86930 The Old Tree (preview test 02)

Posted by alteregotrip on 07 February 2012 - 02:36 PM in In production

I'm almost done with my project, its very pretty.. but I wonder, if I should make a promotional "poster" or banner for presenting the project or just as it is..

I know allot of people make some wonderful banners as a part of their promotional package, its not like I'm a major player, but I want much to make some kind of impression with this very pretty story.

Any feed back would be nice. Thank you! smile.gif

#86835 Night Hunters

Posted by alteregotrip on 04 February 2012 - 05:40 PM in Now showing!

I know it seems like when I post something like this, its shameless self promotion, and yet it is not..

On the other hand I helped out on it with my voice.

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=107894

It was way cool, hope everyone enjoys the action!

#86799 Website down-time.

Posted by alteregotrip on 03 February 2012 - 11:44 AM in Website maintenance

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Feb 3 2012, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your YouTube thing may not even be censorship, it's possible that the sound failed to encode properly? I know it's a bit of a long-shot, but it may be worth re-uploading?

Your site seems back up, the youtube thing has happened to me, & then they wouldn't let me re upload with a message saying I had already uploaded that video.. I will ask Loris to re-upload his video but then I heard the same failure in another video today, also uploaded today.

Not your problem though. You run a great site.. I don't know how the rest of the web relates to it, but bigger does not always mean better.. I will have to look at another video channel host in the future for my own works. Other people already have that.

Thanks though smile.gif

#86794 Website down-time.

Posted by alteregotrip on 03 February 2012 - 11:18 AM in Website maintenance

QUOTE (ms_amos @ Feb 3 2012, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, there is a problem. We're looking into it - should be back to full functionality shortly...

I thought it was odd.. when you mention this thing with google, what exactly do they do to take the site down? Can you give me a clue, because it is still down for me...as well, Loris has uploaded his video to youtube, and youtube (aka google) messed it up by messing with the sound in the story. No copy right infringement but the mention of VanHelsing as soon as the sound quit.. Maybe a coincidence but it may also be the result of iron fisted "copy right" by not even mentioning a name which may be copy written. blink.gif who can say?

#86349 Animation competition to bring to life Hitchhiker's Guide author's ideas

Posted by alteregotrip on 20 January 2012 - 10:43 AM in The Lounge

http://www.designwee...3033203.article

"Douglas Adams, creator and author of cult sci-fi radio-series and novel The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, made a prophetic audio recording on the future of the book in 1993 which is now the subject of an animation design competition."

#86278 Song suggestion needed

Posted by alteregotrip on 18 January 2012 - 02:14 PM in Collaboration

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Jan 17 2012, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Hip Priest" by The Fall wink.gif

laugh.gif

#86258 The Old Tree (preview test 02)

Posted by alteregotrip on 17 January 2012 - 01:48 PM in In production

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Jan 12 2012, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking good, but very very quiet.

Because you thought that preview was too quiet, I added the foot steps & a home made soundtrack from last week.

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=107856

Lots of people are being encouraging to get me to make this story.. so I guess I have to document every change and every step.

Thanks for the feedback btw. smile.gif

#86154 Lotus

Posted by alteregotrip on 13 January 2012 - 08:40 PM in New mod releases

Corthew!!! Great work.. just what I needed.. & thanks for the skysphere thingy also smile.gif

This was something I wanted for a long time though. smile.gif

#86085 The Old Tree (preview test 02)

Posted by alteregotrip on 11 January 2012 - 08:25 PM in In production

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=107846

still in progress smile.gif

#86080 Suggestions for the development of 1.5

Posted by alteregotrip on 11 January 2012 - 06:13 PM in Moviestorm feedback

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Jan 11 2012, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice to hear your voice again AET smile.gif
Be well Sweden

Hejsan Norge! smile.gif

#86079 Suggestions for the development of 1.5

Posted by alteregotrip on 11 January 2012 - 06:12 PM in Moviestorm feedback

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Jan 11 2012, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the Log.txt (like you sent me), on the 7th line, it says:
OpenGL version: Intel .........
If you have sucessfully switched to your nvidia card, you should be able to open the log.txt in a text editor and see that line saying a Nvidia opengl version.

Time to initial setup: 0,0014
Moviestorm 1.5 release 28731, 12 December 2011
Operating system: Windows 7 6.1 x86
JVM version: Sun Microsystems Inc. 19.1-b02
Time to create platform instance: 0,1537
User alteregotrip, started at Wed Jan 11 15:54:25 CET 2012
OpenGL version: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 540M/PCI/SSE2 4.1.0
OpenGL supported extensions: GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float

<------see? it works! smile.gif

#86065 Suggestions for the development of 1.5

Posted by alteregotrip on 11 January 2012 - 02:56 PM in Moviestorm feedback

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Jan 11 2012, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is failing to build the shaders, because it needs more than one depth buffer.

You said your nvidia drivers are updated, but you are actually using a built in Intel graphics chip. I dont have any expectation of the intel graphics working with depth of field.

Thank you for pointing this very important information out, since this is a new computer new energy saving modes are automatic, I shut it down and now I get shaders.. thanks much for the trouble shooting smile.gif It did the trick!!!!

#86061 Ambient sound options gone from set builder

Posted by alteregotrip on 11 January 2012 - 12:16 PM in Help!

QUOTE (daleh @ Jan 11 2012, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have noticed some of the costumes dont produce footstep sounds, the priest is one, when i looked at it in Modders Workshop it had footstep sounds set, but it doesn't produce any.

So I made a copy of the template and renamed it Priest mod, then re-selected the 'Shoes' sound and saved the template in my own addon, now my Priest mod has footsteps

Anyway, cannot remember if i raised a bug report for this, i remember i intended too but maybe i forgot, but i also see mto remember their being other costumes i have encountered from time to time with the same issue.

Thanks for adding to this; I noticed this with concrete and elements that were wall elements that were not for the ground.. never bothered to report it either, but I could usually fix problems earlier.. I think I'm getting rusty plus time is short for me lately, so it confounds my deeper investigation of the problems. smile.gif Thanks again.

#86058 Suggestions for the development of 1.5

Posted by alteregotrip on 11 January 2012 - 11:51 AM in Moviestorm feedback

the log files recreating the problem:

it is whenever I even touch the "focal range" that it does this knock out of the shadows.. and things flip out.

Attached Files

• Attached File  LOG.txt   44.64KB   2 downloads

#86056 Suggestions for the development of 1.5

Posted by alteregotrip on 11 January 2012 - 11:31 AM in Moviestorm feedback

QUOTE (corthew @ Jan 11 2012, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you got it this morning you may want to get it again. I just finished redoing it before that post.smile.gif

When did you fix it? Was it before or after 12:22 Central European Time?

#86054 Suggestions for the development of 1.5

Posted by alteregotrip on 11 January 2012 - 11:26 AM in Moviestorm feedback

funny you should mention it, I just uploaded it this very last moment thinking about it... weird.. perhaps you noticed? I don't think its that FAST to inform you wink.gif

#86051 Suggestions for the development of 1.5

Posted by alteregotrip on 11 January 2012 - 11:14 AM in Moviestorm feedback

I discovered that this fault that I was having with the sound was also caused by the graphic fail of the situation. this OS is Windows 64 bit version. I will attempt to recreate the problem and post what the file says. Later though.

The sky tint would be nice, and I am just a pain wink.gif

be well!

AET

#86043 (Please Delete or Move) The Old Tree (preview test)

Posted by alteregotrip on 11 January 2012 - 09:09 AM in Work in progress

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=107844