• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

Ok so my footsteps make no sound.. and I can not seem to find any place that the sounds for the ambient backgrounds which used to be in the workshop section now go. Is this just an overlooked thing or did I do something wrong?
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#2 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

All channel mixers are in the cutting room wink.gif

#3 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (kv @ Jan 11 2012, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All channel mixers are in the cutting room wink.gif

Then why are the ambient foley & master also optional on the director's area? My grass still doesn't make a sound tongue.gif
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#4 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

Footstep sound is dependant on the floor material - they should say what sort of surface they are (eg grass, concrete), and if that isnt defined, then the footsteps make no sound.

If there is a specific floor material that doesnt have footstep audio, it would be useful to tell us which material it is so that we can fix it.

If you wanted to associate ambient sound with a set, rather than putting it in in the cutting room, then there is a menu entry to do so from the triangle beside the set workshop button, while you are in the set workshop.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#5 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

I have noticed some of the costumes dont produce footstep sounds, the priest is one, when i looked at it in Modders Workshop it had footstep sounds set, but it doesn't produce any.

So I made a copy of the template and renamed it Priest mod, then re-selected the 'Shoes' sound and saved the template in my own addon, now my Priest mod has footsteps

Anyway, cannot remember if i raised a bug report for this, i remember i intended too but maybe i forgot, but i also see mto remember their being other costumes i have encountered from time to time with the same issue.

#6 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (daleh @ Jan 11 2012, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have noticed some of the costumes dont produce footstep sounds, the priest is one, when i looked at it in Modders Workshop it had footstep sounds set, but it doesn't produce any.

So I made a copy of the template and renamed it Priest mod, then re-selected the 'Shoes' sound and saved the template in my own addon, now my Priest mod has footsteps

Anyway, cannot remember if i raised a bug report for this, i remember i intended too but maybe i forgot, but i also see mto remember their being other costumes i have encountered from time to time with the same issue.

Thanks for adding to this; I noticed this with concrete and elements that were wall elements that were not for the ground.. never bothered to report it either, but I could usually fix problems earlier.. I think I'm getting rusty plus time is short for me lately, so it confounds my deeper investigation of the problems. smile.gif Thanks again.