• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hello, although its happened to me with one of my first videos in that series of Astrological subjects..
in correspondence with Loris he has had two upload failures in the last day.. in his attempt to upload his newest project. He stated that it went up to 66% and then failed..

He usually uploads quite small files actually and usually is very efficient when dealing with the size of his works.. although this latest one is about 12 minutes. I know my own was only about 5 minutes but I decided to make it MPG4 or something instead of AVI just because the upload failed so miserably and then did the rest for the other projects.. (with no trouble)

Has there been a change to the system format to where the video uploads are more sensitive? I know that they take time but.. I also see it as something a little slower going on as well.. as opposed to maybe a few months ago.

Just wanted to ask and see of other people were having difficulty uploading their projects onto the site.

Also since I've personally avoiding youtube lately for their changes in just the overall ugliness of their design of the channels and making those changes in a forced way, I have not uploaded any videos to youtube. Anything I have uploaded to the "public eye" has been on moviestorm...and posting my links TO moviestorm.. bringing hopefully good attention to the site as well.

Please help it be easier for people to upload so that more work can be seen here smile.gif

Thank you!

AET
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I use a program from http://dvdvideosoft.com called 3gp video converter. It is a free program and excellent and convert my movies which are rendered as WMV because I use Sony Vegas Pro for my final edits, to an avi file with that program.

Also there is some change to Firefox and I can't upload my movies here using the Firefox browser. I use Internet Explorer instead and they upload fine. I don't know what the problem with Firefox is but I do know that movies just won't upload using this browser.

#3 Darth Angelus

Darth Angelus

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

I've been having trouble uploading The Great Bug War too. It just gives me a proxy error except for one time where it uploaded successfully but for some reason the last few minutes were missing.

I'll give the dreaded IE a try.

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Darth Angelus @ Apr 30 2012, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been having trouble uploading The Great Bug War too. It just gives me a proxy error except for one time where it uploaded successfully but for some reason the last few minutes were missing.

I'll give the dreaded IE a try.

It should work fine on IE. It does for me. My movies won't upload here on any Mozilla based browser, neither Firefox or the new Sea Monkey.

#5 Darth Angelus

Darth Angelus

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

That's what I was hoping but IE gave me the same proxy error sad.gif

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 30 2012, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It should work fine on IE. It does for me. My movies won't upload here on any Mozilla based browser, neither Firefox or the new Sea Monkey.

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Darth Angelus @ Apr 30 2012, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what I was hoping but IE gave me the same proxy error sad.gif

that is really strange. What codec are you using?

#7 Darth Angelus

Darth Angelus

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

I tried XviD, H264vfw and WMV, all of them had the same result.

I was finally able to get it up today by converting the video to webm and that seems to have worked fine.

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Darth Angelus @ May 1 2012, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried XviD, H264vfw and WMV, all of them had the same result.

I was finally able to get it up today by converting the video to webm and that seems to have worked fine.

i just remembered now that I had to convert my latest video to Web M in order to get it to upload. Sorry I didn't think of that sooner. Glad it worked for you.

#9 ArthurVKuhrmeier

ArthurVKuhrmeier

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 492 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

I don't think it's a problem with the codec but rather with the server or so. I uploaded the teaser for "Zerion". The first time if failed completely. The second time it worked, but without a thumbnail and 0 minutes in length.

I used exactly the same video codecs and format as in the past.

Is the staff aware of that problem? Hi guys, are you having trouble with your server? I saw a few movies that were broken...

#10 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Uploading has always been a pain on this site. I seem to remember the first movie I did in 2008 took about 12 attempts to load. I have tried 3 times to load my latest and given up for the moment. The Proxy error message keeps appearing, but I suspect it is a server timeout issue. Not enough grunt somehow.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#11 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

So it´s not just me then.

#12 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ May 4 2012, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it´s not just me then.

No Keith it is just you.
Those voices you hear are not really real.
Well OK, some of them are. Like the ones that say "What are you doing in my garden?"
But not the ones that keep saying things like "Kill Santa".

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#13 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ May 3 2012, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uploading has always been a pain on this site. I seem to remember the first movie I did in 2008 took about 12 attempts to load. I have tried 3 times to load my latest and given up for the moment. The Proxy error message keeps appearing, but I suspect it is a server timeout issue. Not enough grunt somehow.

I think the number of people suddenly complaining about it suggests something is different.wink.gif
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.