32 replies to this topic

#1 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:41 AM

Hello big big problem here.
I really can't do anything anymore. When I load an empty set, no problem. But I soon as I load aset with some props...it's horrible.At least 10s to move the camera when I press a button...

I really think the bug is with an addon because there where no problem before (the lasts addons I took were : criminals, garden feature, coffee, stand up and wardrobe 2).

I don't understand because I managed to use thoose addons yesterday and now, impossible. I restarted the computer but the same.

Can't downloads the addons again for the moment so I join my log file hopping this with help.

Thanks!
Sorry in advance for my bad english^^

#2 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

It's listing out of memory errors, but I don't know enough about it to tell you why, it's either the huge number of addons that it is loading in first (you could try switching off the ones you aren't using) or it's got an error with what a puppet is being asked to do (Goal interaction)

I'll make sure the code wizards get the message when they're back in the office tomorrow
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#3 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

Man, you're so lucky Chris. You get to work with Wizards while all of my co-workers are a bunch of Monkeys and, um, Donkeys.

#4 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

(AngriBuddhist)
Man, you're so lucky Chris. You get to work with Wizards while all of my co-workers are a bunch of Monkeys and, um, Donkeys.

Those two words should rhyme. Another English language failure.

A shame. Such potential for an awesome poem.

#5 Overman

Overman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 562 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

(act3scene24)
Those two words {monkeys, donkeys} should rhyme. Another English language failure.

Actually, if you're from the right region of Great Britain I believe they DO. wink.gif
Phil "Overman" Rice
Zarathustra Studios - http://z-studios.com
You can connect with us On Twitter, On Facebook, On YouTube, and On Vimeo.

#6 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

(AngriBuddhist)

According to an old employer I was a monkey with a crayon. What was worse is that that comment came after artwork I produced was the clincher in a bid for a million pound contract.

Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#7 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

Thanks Chris.

I've tried to disable some addons and I can only load some saved sets but not saved movies.
It's not only a lag problem coz I frequently can't load a movie at all. Is stay on the "please wait" and...I wait, and wait^^

Really hope there's an issue

#8 julian_gold

julian_gold

Critically acclaimed

• Staff
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Could you post your system specs?

OS / CPU / RAM / Video card.

Cheers

Julian.
If I have seen further it is because I have stood on the shoulders of the giant pile of corpses of the myopic masses.

#9 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

Of course :

-Windows XP media center
-Athlon 3500+
-2Go Ram
-ATI 4850 HD

#10 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

It might be useful for us to have a copy of your saved movie that isnt loading.
It appears from your log that moviestorm is running out of heap space (memory) while loading that movie. Which makes things either slow or just not working at all.

You can send me stuff at ben.sanders@moviestorm.co.uk
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#11 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

Do you received my email Ben?
I know the problem won't be solved in 2 days but I wanted to know if you had all you needed to see where the problem could coming from.

#12 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

I did recieve your email, thanks, although had no success getting your movie to load (even as far as the stage where I get the scene list), due to a addon you have that I dont (for something that is being sat apon).
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#13 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

Oh? So impossible to know what's wrong? Maybe this is this object for met too because I can load officials sets but not mine, there is probably something in it he doesn't like...

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Walvince @ May 14 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh? So impossible to know what's wrong? Maybe this is this object for met too because I can load officials sets but not mine, there is probably something in it he doesn't like...

That could be it. Did you use any user created addons in your set? Do you have the Modders Workshop and did you create or change something in that that might interfere with your movie?

#15 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

Yes there's many user's addons, I have the Modder Workshop but I didn't modify anything.
As far as I remember the problem came after the installation of packs I've mentionned above. When I disabled some of them it sometimes work but the fact is that I can disable the one I want and not specifically one (don't know if it's clear^^)

#16 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

Well well well, I don't advance a lot and nobody seems to know where the problem is coming from sad.gif

I hope this could help MS Staff : I've just discover my sets can correctly load if I disabled at least TWO official addons (it can be any of them), nothing change if it's two free addons. You understand that I can't continue if the software block when I decide to buy new packs...
No solution??

#17 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Walvince @ May 16 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well well well, I don't advance a lot and nobody seems to know where the problem is coming from sad.gif

I hope this could help MS Staff : I've just discover my sets can correctly load if I disabled at least TWO official addons (it can be any of them), nothing change if it's two free addons. You understand that I can't continue if the software block when I decide to buy new packs...
No solution??

Don't know if this gives you any hope Wal but I have all the official SF addons installed and don't get any issues, this is on a PC, Intel E6750 CPU, 2G ram, Windows XP Home, Nvidia GT8800GTS.

I do get horrid slowdown sometimes but its quite erratic and usually only happens if i have been swapping a lot between scenes and the various edit mode, or if I have been working on one movie and then load another.

Usually closing MS and restarting it solves the issue, sometimes it can happen after 5 minutes use, sometimes after 2 hours use, but its not all the time and for the most part MS runs OK.

Have you tried Updating allyour drivers, especially the graphics card, a long shot I know but it seems that old drives are the cause of many issues. Maybe something in your installation of MS has become corrupted, you could try backing up your Movies, custom Actors and Sets, un-install MS, delete the various MS install folders and make a fresh install, then let MS download your Add-ons and update automatically....

#18 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

Thanks Daleh.
Yeah graphic driver is up to date, the rest maybe not, I'll try to see that even if I don't think it can solve the problem. unsure.gif

Reinstalling I've ever think to do this but I'm affraid to reinstall all members addons (a huge quantity) and that my movie couldn't load at all.

#19 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 934 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:57 AM

I've been following this thread as I suddenly developed issue with MS freezing and crashing myself. I don't have any user created content on my install so I don't know if the last update just pushed MS beyond my system's capabilities.

It is a laptop but it ran pretty good on it up until recently. I have RAM on order in the hopes that will help resolve the problem.

#20 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

So! I reinstalled all yesterday, with my 512k connection it took all the night^^
I done a little test this morning and I can load the movie with all officials addons activated. But I have still to put all members' addons to see if the problem is really solved.
I tell you tonight!