• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:09 PM

This is absolutely not a rant or a polemic post about the price of Moviestorm or the fact that it's not free, opensource or whatsoever.

I'm simply searching for reasons and motivation and ispiration to keep using this software for another year.

I will try to articulate:

1) Is there anybody out there that have accomplished a remarkable result with MS (a short/long movie)?

A result that could push me to try harder in storyboarding my script to eventually trying to translate words in images

and animation ?

2) Will there be other valuable assets/packs/animations from MS apart from the ones already created and in the store ?

3) Are there plans to further develop this piece of software or will it be merely maintained in the near future ?

4) any plan to create a pipeline that could grant us to be able to create our custom content without being an IT/3D expert?

Tx to whoever will answer to my questions ..

Best!

#2 cottage14

cottage14

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

I am a playwright, and one of my problems is getting directors to visualize how my scripts will "stand up" in performance. I am going to use the standup comedy set, slightly modified, as a little theater and make movies of the first couple of minutes of several of my plays, and see whether that has an impact on potential directors.

This may not be profound from the point of view of the larger world of film, but it seems like a valuable use case to me.

I will post links once the little-theater films start getting posted.

Cottage 14

Software, scripts, and other creative stuff

#3 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:15 AM

A general request to be inspired is a bit of a tall order, but let's see what we can do. :)

I have been working on a large scale project, setting one of my operas in ancient Rome, using moviestorm and I've found that moviestorm is an incredibly diverse instrument capable of being the primary tool in producing some really epic-scaled work.   Here are a few shots from the scene I am working on right now, which is in a Roman military fort and has about 1800 MS puppets and 1000 animated soldier props.

Attached File  Screenshot 2015-02-25 20.01.23.png   1.35MB   1 downloads

https://www.dropbox.....03.35.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.....02.52.png?dl=0

#4 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:45 AM

Mmmhhh very interesting !!

:-)

TX!

I will take a deeper look and ponder on the topics you suggested me.

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

I never sign up for subscriptions so I bought a lifetime licence for MS ages ago.

I would never have been able to make the two 15 minute educational drama vids I did for a theatre group in Vanuatu without Moviestorm.

And funnily enough (or not) I did a stand up routine too :- https://vimeo.com/103980737

IMHO There is still life left in the old dog yet even if we never get another official pack.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#6 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

Oh wonderful!!

They are exactly the kind of ispiration I wanted :-)

Any other one please ??

#7 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:57 AM

On this note I've just found the new squirrelygirl's website:

--> www.modsnmoremoviestorm.com/

Very rich and interesting !

#8 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

Well, I got one of those promotional emails from Moviestorm over the Christmas period, anyway as well as highlighting some of the stuff they did in 2014, such as the 1.7 release and website updates, there was also this line and I quote:

"Next year, apart from a new annual release, we have new content in the pipeline"

#9 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

Mmmhh .. this is a good one.

It would be great to have a clue about the content they'll be eventually delivering.

#10 cottage14

cottage14

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

I bet the content is going to be exactly what they said: a pipeline. Comes with three different pipe units (straight, bend, and broken), protesters, security forces, hazard tape, four kinds of oil slicks, a television crew, two company executives and a "toxic" effect that ages stock Moviestorm puppets.

Cottage 14

Software, scripts, and other creative stuff

#11 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

On this note I've just found the new squirrelygirl's website:

--> www.modsnmoremoviestorm.com/

Very rich and interesting !

Have you seen Moddingstorm as well?

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#12 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

Of course primaveranz :-) tx

Have you seen Moddingstorm as well?

#13 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:49 AM

This is absolutely not a rant or a polemic post about the price of Moviestorm or the fact that it's not free, opensource or whatsoever.

I'm simply searching for reasons and motivation and inspiration to keep using this software for another year.

I will try to articulate:

1) Is there anybody out there that have accomplished a remarkable result with MS (a short/long movie)?

A result that could push me to try harder in storyboarding my script to eventually trying to translate words in images

and animation ?

2) Will there be other valuable assets/packs/animations from MS apart from the ones already created and in the store ?

3) Are there plans to further develop this piece of software or will it be merely maintained in the near future ?

4) any plan to create a pipeline that could grant us to be able to create our custom content without being an IT/3D expert?

Tx to whoever will answer to my questions ..

Best!

I'll have a go at inspiring you:

Some of the content developing or in development for my patreons over the last year and This month: A playlist of 50 my something youtube videos showcasing Addons released to my patrons or are in development: click on the URL below:

http://goo.gl/7C3wfc

#14 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:50 PM

:-) Tx !

Again I was aware of your beatiful efforts.. very impressive !!

#15 ricscar

ricscar

Novice director

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

OK, enough said then: I will wait eventually to see if any announcement will be done from MS Staff on an hypotetical new release

and then I will decide.

TX to all !!!!