Photo

Introduce yourself to the Moviestorm Community!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 TFoster

TFoster

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:23 AM

Introduce yourself to the Moviestorm Community!

I thought this would be a good way if you are very young and new to the community, to introduce yourself so everyone knows who you are and so you can fit in nicely with the community...So tell us a little about yourself, what things you like...what movies you are thinking about making and just have fun!

But if you're an escaped convict...I would errr...keep that to yourself...Ok, unless it's really important to you! tongue.gif

So all you newcomers get Introducin'!

smile.gif

#2 TFoster

TFoster

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:31 PM

Seeing as I'm very new here to Moviestorm I'll introduce myself...

My name is TFoster and I've come from the TMO/TMU community, I've made a few movies and done quite a bit of voice-acting in the community...
I know some of our TMO/TMU community have come over here to try out Moviestorm and I can see why, it's a very good program with a very nice community...

I also host a radio show on TMOA (The Movies On-Air) A fantastic radio station which really wants people from other machinama making programs to come and join in the fun!

My show is Fools of the Community, along with my co-hosts Kit06 and the Canadian mod god MikeDBoing!

heres a link to TMOA Radio for you all to check out! smile.gif

www.tmoaradio.com

I look foward to hopefully releasing a movie soon on Moviestorm!

Thanks!

smile.gif

#3 FredTheDuck

FredTheDuck

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

Well, at least that's someone I know tongue.gif

I'm FredTheDuck, another TMO/Uer...and that's about it. smile.gif

Am still getting to grips with the software, but as soon as I start getting on with it a bit better, I'll most likely be chucking out some music videos with it.

#4 asaoleary123

asaoleary123

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:53 PM

Hello my name is Asa

I'm also from TMO/TMU

I'm still getting used to MS

Hopefully will do a short movie soon

#5 Reacher

Reacher

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

Hi,
I'm Reacher, from The Movies (and DCMF). I have been evaluating MovieStorm and iClone for a couple of weeks. iClone looks interesting on first blush, with all the character customizing options, but actually making the actors do much seems to be much more difficult than in MovieStorm.
I'm very much into modding and seeing what additions I can invent/translate/import, so I am currently waiting on my Modder Workshop unlock code to see how far one can extend things.
MovieStorm looks to be an excellent system, with a great community, and definite commitment to future development.

-- Reacher

#6 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:02 AM

Welcome, TFoster, FredTheDuck, asaoleary123, and Reacher...

I spent time with The Movies... and jumped ship right as soon as I heard about Moviestorm (If you've seen the "Underpants Man" series, I've been some of the villian voices for Biggstrek.) Anyway, I think you'll find a nice group here. (It's nice to have folks (here) encouraging modding- and its discussion!)

Again, Welcome!
Fulkster

#7 -Chris

-Chris

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

Hi everyone.
Im currently downloading Moviestorm at the moment, and I can't wait to try it out.
I used to play The Movies a lot, but heard about Moviestorm and decided to try it out. Seems like its got a lot more to do than The Movies... Can't wait to get started and join the community. smile.gif

#8 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hi -Chris,

You find quite a few of the TM folks around here... (I was one- once!)
Welcome!

#9 rocuro

rocuro

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:37 AM

Welcome aboard friends. I, personally, came from 2D animation (flash) to Moviestorm. I hope you enjoy it and find creative ways to capture your vision. I look forward to seeing your movies!

#10 AbsoluteBreeze

AbsoluteBreeze

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:55 AM

Well my human name is Tony and I'm totally new to all this.

I found moviestorm by chance after playing with iclone... I think it was a zuckerman film that mentioned it on a video site somewhere.

Although I have lots of ideas, I don't want to sound like an over excited noob stiring up nothining but vapore. So, breifly - my initial films will be targeted at delivering films focused around emotional support and understanding of womens issues (cannot have a baby, adotoption, miscarriage etc) - these will be used for my site : www.fertilityfriends.co.uk.

Im also the marketing director for simple machines forum (SMF) and I'd like to see if we can utilize moviestorm and similar technologies in our marketing efforts.

So thats me smile.gif

*insert marketing effort......
"ps. I don't suppose we could upgrade this forum software to SMF?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was here, and then was gone... It just didn't work out - and I had to find something with a little more edge... maybe our paths will cross again one day.

Until then, Goodbye and Good luck.

http://www.absolutebreeze.co.uk

#11 thefr00n

thefr00n

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:29 PM

I'll bite.

Hello gang, my background is actually audio production. I've worked as a producer, composer and sound engineer for the last 12 years, interspersed with periods of madness during which I wrote code and travelled the world. Musically I now focus on remixing and scoring work.

I've been interested in film making since I was a child, and have done a fair amount of shooting and editing work over the years. I've been experimenting with Machinima since Half Life 1, although I tend to get lost in the modelling.

One of the things I love about MovieStorm is that the focus is NOT on building 100% realistic working models the way it would be in game-engine machinima. MovieStorm brings you much closer to real-world movie projects by having you go after specific shots - so you really only need to build what's necessary to make that happen. It re-introduces the movie trickery aspect.

I am working on some ideas for a scifi movie, but until that can happen I am learning the ropes by building sets for a FireFly fan film pack, which I will be releasing as an addon eventually. Currently most of the upper deck is working; I'm hoping that the eventual release of the Stairs feature will enable me to implement the catwalks in the cargo bay.

I'm also building the walls and corridors as moveable set chunks so that you could probably use them to build unique sci-fi looking sets. Like all labours of love, it will be done when it's done.

#12 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:47 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm working as a volunteer IT Trainer in Vanuatu with an amazing Non-Governmental Organisation called Wan Smolbag Theatre. (http://www.wansmolbag.org) They originally travelled around the islands performing plays in villages on issues such as Domestic Violence, Sexual health, Governance etc, etc, and they still do that but now also they have stage shows, a radio soap, full-length movies and the latest success is a TV Police series (Love Patrol) set in 'an unamed Pacific Island country'.
Part of my job as IT guy, has been to set up computer training for kids whose parents can't afford to pay their school fees and so they would otherwise just be wandering the streets from the age of about 10 or so. We do the usual kind of MS Office training but I am keen on branching out into getting the kids to be more creative and e.g. record and edit their own radio shows. When I stumbled across Moviestorm it struck me as being an ideal vehicle to get them interested in creating everything from fun Music videos to issues-based topics for disseminating messages to other at-risk kids (and adults). I think that MS could ultimately be used to teach many disciplines like script writing, lighting, set design and voice acting. And although I know it will take better minds than mine to carry these out effectively - at least I can plant the seed!
I am trying to get my head around the software before trying it out 'in the wild' so expect a few half-baked attempts to show up on the site in the near future!
Sorry this is a bit long!. But to end - I am really impressed not only by the software but by the maturity, friendliness and knowledge of the MS community, one of those gems that the Interweb thing occasionally spawns!
All the best for 2009 everyone!

Cheers,
John

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#13 experiment466

experiment466

Film Critic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hi everyone,

I am fiddeling around with MoviesStorm some weeks and now planning a movie, a sort of "Back to the Eighties" :-)

I think it's a great software, although it crashes sometimes on my Mac and the problems I have (see "Help" Topic).

Cheers,
Michael

#14 walkerholik

walkerholik

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

hi everyone!
am just some few hours old in this community...my name is walkerholik.
am new to moviestorm and i just wish i had a movie-mum that will guide me by hand on how to use the software. for all i can say as a first timer, the packs and sets are mouthwatering...more grease to the elbows of the developers...i am looking foward to the release of an EPIC Pack!.... :!: a pack with swords, bows and arrows...we'l make movies that will stun TROY and crash the producers of "300"! is this possible? forgive me for the small letter i...am a bad typist? I definately am expecting a reply soonest...thanks MOVIESTORM!

#15 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

Such interesting & diverse people here, I'm delighted to be a part of this community. I have also come from TMO etc, but with a previous bg in music & some animation. I am a tradesman now, and like the physical part of the work a lot, but I like to occupy my mind with dreams & music. This is a great way to do that, and since learning a little about modding in general I really enjoy the challenge of creating new mods & sharing them.
Theres some really outstanding movie makers here, great storytelling. I learnt a lot from watching TM movies, I can see that I'm going to learn more here.
cheers

#16 tapeduck

tapeduck

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:44 AM

Hi smile.gif I'm known as tapeduck laugh.gif tho you can call me ben.
I've been working in 3d modeling and animation for a while now, tho not professionally. I love doing pencil portraits and drawings when I'm not working, and otherwise engaged working on films and comics on my pc.
I also love writing stories and such.

I have a few films up online, tho none in moviestorm yet. i downloaded it last night and have just begun to play around with the program.

I use Blender, poser 6, audacity, virtua dub, the GIMP,cinema 4d among other programs to make my movies. I must warn you guys tho, as you will soon learn that I do indeed have a wicked ( warped, twisted, strange ? take your pick:lol: ) sense of humor

#17 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

What a lot of interesting people there are here. I am Lucinda McNary and I have been around Moviestorm for almost two years now. I am quite skilled at using Moviestorm and any computer graphics programs and have now learned to MOD. If anyone needs help at all in using Moviestorm, just ask. I usually have my browser on and i am also on SKYPE as lucindamc123.

You can view one of my movies where i modded all of Manhattan here:

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1800

#18 wahm

wahm

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

well I've just signed up.... new to this system so I'm a total virgin [well in the moviestorm sense!] but it's fun learning....

I'm yzzy and I live in the UK.... nice to 'meet' you all.

#19 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

Welcome, wahm (and whomever all I've neglected to say hello to)!

I hope you have a lot of fun here!

Fulkster

#20 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

been posting for a few weeks now so i guess i should do the official hello.

I'm mike form southwest UK i live with my wife two kids and dog.