15 replies to this topic

#1 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:39 PM

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1266

Music - Tremble - written and performed by Daniel Stang and Yesterday, written and performed by Daniel Stang and Kyle Blackwood. This story is difficult to describe without giving away the ending. Just listen to the haunting music by Daniel Stang and watch the story unfold before you. I know you won't be disappointed.

Prop 8 is wrong. Discrimination is wrong. All Americans have the right to enter a contract. Marriage and adoption are contracts. Love is so rare in this world, why not celebrate it.

Written, directed and produced by me, Lucinda McNary. This movie may be distributed for FREE only. To see this movie in beautiful hi definition with fast buffering and no commercials or popups go to http://omdb.us this evening.

Thank you for watching.

#2 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

Another great music vid.
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#3 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

Very touching. I thumbed it.

On a technical level, how did you do the shoulder pat? Have I missed a command? Or did they delete an animation from an older version?

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:44 PM

(willshetterly)
Very touching. I thumbed it.

On a technical level, how did you do the shoulder pat? Have I missed a command? Or did they delete an animation from an older version?

Thanks for the compliments both of you. The touch shoulder is still in the interact. I don't think they removed it. However, I do still have the Pioneer pack and Beta 01 pack installed but not Beta 02 so I still have a lot of things that were removed when the program was updated. Actually it was just a mistake that I installed it that way. I had to reinstall everyrthing and I just missed installing the Beta 02 pack. I am missing a few props as a result but then I have some things that were removed. So the touch on the shoulder may have been removed.

#5 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:55 AM

I've only got general choices to shake hands or whisper in ear, so, yep, must've gone. Here's hoping it'll be back soon--frisking someone is a nice addition, but it just doesn't say the same thing.

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:28 PM

(willshetterly)
I've only got general choices to shake hands or whisper in ear, so, yep, must've gone. Here's hoping it'll be back soon--frisking someone is a nice addition, but it just doesn't say the same thing.

I know that tap on the shoulder was the only gesture that would work in that scene with the doctor comforting the young man in the ICU waiting room. Since the movie didn't have dialogue, I had to do everything with action or gestures. I don't know if that gesture was removed or not or if you might be missing either Base 01 from your installed packs.

#7 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

It's an extremely useful gesture. After we get some more versatile hair styles, I'll start nagging about gestures like the shoulder pat.

#8 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:17 AM

Oh yes, I would go for the better hairstyles and more variety and of course more costumes too. Oh by the way, Will, to find more gestures try the "sign language" tab under gestures. A lot of them work great. I used a lot of those in Yesterday because I wanted the movie to be silent but still convey what people were saying.

#9 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:38 AM

Good tip! I'm really just beginning to properly explore the gestures. There are some amazingly good moves in there.

#10 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:51 AM

(willshetterly)
Good tip! I'm really just beginning to properly explore the gestures. There are some amazingly good moves in there.

Oh yes there are. I found them great and also there are other things that you can use to convey that one character is touching another depending upon how you place your camera. For iinstance the YOU high gesture will look like one character is touching another. So will the "wait" gesture and a host of others that seem to be only related to an individual. You just have to get clever about it and use your imagination until we get all the gestures we want.

#11 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:41 AM

Yesterday a movie I made will be broadcast on Time Warner Cable TV channel 113 KC on Demand beginning next week and will play for an indefinite period of time. I signed a year contract with them.

Music - Tremble - written and performed by Daniel Stang and Yesterday, written and performed by Daniel Stang and Kyle Blackwood. Prop 8 is wrong. Discrimination is wrong. All Americans have the right to enter a contract. Marriage and adoption are contracts. Love is so rare in this world, why not celebrate it.

#12 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:54 AM

(lucindamc123)
Yesterday a movie I made will be broadcast on Time Warner Cable TV channel 113 KC on Demand beginning next week and will play for an indefinite period of time. I signed a year contract with them.

That's truly awesome! Congratulations!
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#13 Reggie MetalFox

Reggie MetalFox

Film Critic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:58 AM

Good clip, I appreciated particularly the ending, but I will not explain more in order to not spoil.

Good music (at the beginning I thought it was the Yestesday song by The Beatles ^^) for a peaceful message, congratulations 8)
Red (french MS Machinima) : Red (version courte)

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:02 AM

(Reggie MetalFox)
Good clip, I appreciated particularly the ending, but I will not explain more in order to not spoil.

Good music (at the beginning I thought it was the Yestesday song by The Beatles ^^) for a peaceful message, congratulations 8)

Thank you very much. I hope the Beatles don't sue me for using the same name. Actually it is the name of the second song by Daniel Stang.

#15 flashman

flashman

Novice director

• Staff
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 09:25 AM

Congratulations Lucinda!
Andrew Kennedy
MD, Moviestorm Ltd.

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:33 PM

(flashman)
Congratulations Lucinda!

Thank you Flashman. It is a wonderful opportunity!