9 replies to this topic

#1 3designsimulations

3designsimulations

Film Critic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

Hello,

Knowing that we have the Military Uniform in the Wardrobe 2 pack, I think that a new one should be introduced to Moviestorm. Pack should include:

Animations:
Pushup Animation
Prone Position [Laying on stumache w/ prop]
Attention Animation
Atease Animation
Salute Animation [Possibly already in?]
Slide Animation [Running then slide, kind of baseball, but he stays kneeled]
Jump to Prone Animation [While running he jumps down into the prone position]

Actor to Actor Actions
Drag - Drags them by the back of their vest, when they are down injured [shot at]
Pick up - Picks them up off the ground [To their feet, after shot at]
Pick up & Carry - Picks them up and carries them [shot at]
Melee - Hits them with the butt of a weapon [Using Weapon Prop]

Actor to Object Actions
Pull up - Allows your Actor to work out using the "Pull up Machine"
Lift Weights [LBS] - Allows your actor to lift weights using a machine, can select how much to lift

New Objects:
Pull up Machine - This is a bar that is above the actors head, allows them to work out
Weight Lifting Machine - Kind of like a bowflex [spell check].
M4a1 Assault Rifle - Fully Automatic Assault Rifle, 30 rounds in a clip
M16 Assault Rifle - 3 Round Burst Assault Rifle, 30 rounds in a clip.
AK47 Assault Rifle - Fully Automatic, and Semi Automatic, 30 rounds or more in a clip.
Desert Eagle - Semi Automatic Pistol, 10 rounds in a clip.

Prop Animations:
M4A1 Assault Rifle:
-Draw
-Safety On/Off [By default Safety is on, this puts it as a "rest" position, its not pointing up.]
-Aim [After turning Safety off, the gun will raise to your hip, and point out, selecting aim will put it up at his/her shoulder]
-Burst Fire [Fires 3 shots quickly, 2 times]
-Automatic Fire [Fires 20 shots]

M16 Assault Rifle:
-Draw
-Safety On/Off [By default Safety is on, this puts it as a "rest" position, its not pointing up.]
-Aim [After turning Safety off, the gun will raise to your hip, and point out, selecting aim will put it up at his/her shoulder]
-Fire 2 Bursts [Shoots 3 rounds twice]
-Fire 1 Burst [shoots 3 rounds once]

AK47 Assault Rifle:
-Draw
-Aim [After turning the Safety off, the gunw ill raise to your hip, and point out, selecting aim will put it up at his/her shoulder]
-Set Automatic Fire [Sets the firemode to Automatic]
-Set Semi Automatic Fire [Single Shot Firemode]
-Fire Auto [If Firemode set to Automatic]
-Fire 3 Shots [If Semi Automatic Firemode is set]
-Fire 1 Shot [If Semi Automatic Firemode is set]

Desert Eagle:
-Draw
-Safety On/Off [By default Safety is on, this puts the gun down, about the way the Law Enforcement pistol is when holding two hands]
-Fire 3 Shots [Three shots are fired]
-Fire [One shot is fired]

New Content:
ACU Uniform - Digital Camo [http://www.thetechherald.com/media/images/200816/army__top.jpg] [Full Uniform] [Boots: http://www.topsecret...mages/r5257.jpg]
ACU Pants w/ Brown T-shirt - Casual wear, for around base [No Images Available]

More to come.

Moviestorm, I am here if you have any questions!

-3Design Simulations

#2 IceAxe18

IceAxe18

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

This would be a cool pack.
AMD Phenom II X3 Processor 3.2GHz, Asus M2N68 AM Plus motherboard, EVGA 450 GTS 1GB PCI Express, 4GB DDR2 Memory, 22" TV/Monitor, 1 TB hard drive, DVD R/RW

#3 3designsimulations

3designsimulations

Film Critic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

Thanks.

#4 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

Yup I'm all for a military pack, but as stated in previous posts I hope it isn't just all modern stuff e.g. Iraq war. There is far more scope if you include WW2 at least and I would love to see back as far as the American Civil War. But either way I am in total agreement that the soldiers need something more than shotguns or gangsta sub machine guns to heft around.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#5 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

some kind of general military pack would indeed be good, with machine guns, grenade throws etc, maybe even jeeps and tanks, and all the assosiated military style animations.

The problem i see is that there are so many wars from so many periods, and with many different nations, that creating costumes to satisfy all would be difficult.....if not impposible...sad.gif

As you said Prima.....would it be modern.....WW2.....WW1....or American Civil war.....and then what about English Civil War....Spanish Civil War (they did have one right?).....what about more ancient conflicts and armies....Vikings....Romans.....well the list could go on and on...

And if we just stuck with either WW1 or WW2, then what nations would get represented...would need American, British, German, Fench, Italian, Autralian, Russian, Polish......and probably many more i am fogetting.

Well, i would love to see a military pack, but i imagine for MS its a lot of work just to decide what to cover let alone start making it.

#6 3designsimulations

3designsimulations

Film Critic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

My original suggestion is Modern, as I personally have had enough of WWII items, normally every where I turn I see something that regards WWII. What MS could do is make a few packs, make a Modern one, WWII one, and and others.

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

I take your point that WWII has become a lot more popular on the big screen in the last 5 years or so but personally I am more interested in historical pieces than stuff I see on the news everyday. One thing I suggested a while back was that a simple mod to the black police uniform (to remove the radio) would instantly provide a generic uniform suitable for many WW1 and WW2 scenarios. I don't see MS ever releasing several packs for different periods but if the external modding scenario ever kicks in it will almost certainly happen.

As the MS folk know, I always like to put the case for more historical and 'dowdy' rather than modern and flash! But of course we have to be thankful for whatever they have the resources to provide in the shorter term wink.gif

#8 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:14 PM

Well these things can happen, I have been wanting a horror pack for ages now, and specifically i like vampire stuff........so looks like I am getting lucky soon.

Hopefully others will get some of their wishlist too further down the road....I for one would also like another scifi pack that focused more of future stuff rather than just the aliens of the current pack, with some nice sci-fi costumes for the normal actors and maybe some starwars/startrek/aliens influenced type props and sets etc.

#9 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (daleh @ Apr 8 2010, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like vampire stuff........so looks like I am getting lucky soon.

I missed this announcement. Did someone say there are Vampires on the way?

#10 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Apr 7 2010, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I missed this announcement. Did someone say there are Vampires on the way?

Indeed they did, its in This video blog on the Dev blog