• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

Hi -- As some of you know, I am a composer. I am thinking of offering to take commissions for scoring MS scenes. I have no idea what I'd charge (or that I'll even charge at all, depending on the request), just throwing it out there that its a possibility should anyone be interested.

One thing to keep in mind though, I write using an 18th century musical vocabulary. If you need big sweeping John Williams numbers or eerie modern Phillip Glass asymmetries, I'm probably not your guy. It is not that I am not willing to try, but I'm just acknowledging that my comfort zone is pretty well defined. You can check out some of my movies to hear how I work or I can provide some MP3 samples.

I would provide a lossless, high def audio file of the music and/or a compressed MP3 if you want to use it directly in the cutting room without running out of memory. (Lossless audio files are about 100megs per every minute of music).

I think this would work best with instrumental music only so that I can render it without having to find singers. I do have the ability of creating a computer generated voice (male or female) that will sing the words, but they sound a little weird and it is incredibly time consuming to properly set them up. Also, the sample library the voice comes from is Japanese (Yamaha), resulting in an amusing japanese accent even if the words are English. I can also create a chorus that sings in English or Latin, but again, incredibly time consuming to set up.

Shoot me a PM if ever interested.