4 replies to this topic

#1 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

I'm trying to film a space battle where space ships are firing lasers at other ships and I'm trying to use the laser from the light show to do it. How the hell do you place these little later boxes where you need them to be; the tiny control circle is the smallest of all the items in the whole of MS, it's infuriating really or am I missing something so simple. Any help please before I go nuts 

#2 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:22 PM

I would tend to zoom in close to it so that I could see it better.

Double click on it to centre your viewpoint's orbit centre on it. Hold the right mouse button and move the mouse to orbit around it. Use the scroll wheel to move your viewpoint nearer or further away from the orbit centre.

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#3 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:57 AM

I am doing all that but the orbits are just so small, it's only possible to move it a few inches before you run out of screen to play with surely it would be better if the orbit was a much bigger it's far too fiddly to use 

#4 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:08 PM

Well, you could put the laser on a bigger block, and move the block around instead. The Gizmo size changes with the size of the thing it is attached to.

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#5 tfish11

tfish11

Director

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:35 PM

Ah I see I'll try that, like attach it to the front end of space ship perhaps -cheers B