movie first movie critic animation first film premiere

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

Hi

Just finished first movie after learning the software for the past two months. Posted on youtube

Its 34 minutes so get your popcorn - I'd welcome your comments please

regards

Dennis

#2 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:00 AM

Hi Dennis,

Great story and an interesting one. I felt bad for Paul. I think you did really great for your first film. Nice scenes, and great use of mods.  The special effects were really good. I like the story telling and the actual happening. You developed some great characters, and your voiceovers were really good. 

Thanks for sharing your first film here. Look forward to more from you.

~M

#3 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

Thanks M. Appreciate time taken to view. The idea came waiting for Pets at Home to open, when I turned up too early on a Sunday, listening to folk in the queue, talking about queues. Its a British obsession :-)

#4 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

Welcome, and how cool, we never know where our ideas may come from.  :)

And thank you for the mention.

#5 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

Hi M

I am at the development stage of writing a script about how a lad at college copes with, and deals with, the frustrations and obstacles to be faced etc because of his stutter as a young man going into adulthood.

The scripting and screenplay may be a painful process, as the lad was me, although I won't write it in the first person but choose another persona.so I can look at it more objectively and take a few artistic liberties. 

I need to get it right, so may be a while before the screenplay writing is finished, but my early notes are beginning to give it some form, and some dramatic scenes are starting to take shape based on some of my experiences and the anecdotal stuff from others.

I anticipate trying to show the emotional twists and turns involved with some of the characters, so it will be an interesting challenge, using Moviestorm's gestures and camera angles to demonstrate those, rather than simply animating action sequences.

Needs a lot of thought about how to screen it so I'm working on ideas gleaned from a brilliant book I am reading at the moment called "Writing Short Films - 2nd Edition - Structure and content for screen writers" by Linda j. Cowgill. Superb book and recommended.

dennis

#6 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

Hi Dennis

I like your new movie idea, and sounds challenging. I look forward to it. Facial gestures do a lot. I'm sure you will do well. Time and good planning indeed. Thanks for the book recommendation, I'll have to check it out.  :)

All my best with your new project,

~M 

#7 TheQuestIsTheQuest

TheQuestIsTheQuest

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:32 PM

Well done, a good short film! A great start for your first video. Wishing you luck with your next one! Had Moviestorm myself for a while, gonna try to get my first film out on here later on this year!

#8 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for viewing and the encouragement. Wish you every success with you own first.

Ive finished first scene in my new project Turning Point. Should be ready for red carpet premiere end January

Dennis