• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CPT Destroyer

CPT Destroyer

Master Director

• Banned
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:28 AM

I'm thinking something along the lines of the way The Movies has on its community site for movie uploads. If you want to see what I'm talking about, go to http://www.movies.lionhead.com/ and look to the left of the page where it says, "Now Showing".

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I mean something on the "Movies" section of the homepage that shows a rotation of user-made posters for movies that are uploaded. By clicking on the poster, it would link you to the movie's page, where you could watch it.

It would be in some sort of a rotation on the site. Perhaps newest uploaded, most popular, or just random.

Also, have the poster listed on the director page of the person who uploaded it.

This would help attract attention to movies that might otherwise get unnoticed.

So, what do you think?

And speaking of posters, here's one I made for my upcoming movie, Detective Dedlie in the Missing Coffee. Clicking it will link you to its forum page here.

#2 bengarrett1971

bengarrett1971

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

Hi CPT,

We are thinking of adding a list of most recently uploaded movies, but we haven't decided exactly where.

At the moment, our Movies page (http://www.moviestor...viesPageServlet) does show the most popular movies (determined by number of viewings over the last 24 hours), under the heading "most watched movies".

I think you might be right that something like that on the home page might be a good idea, though.

Ben
Moviestorm Community Website Developer

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:22 PM

Yes I think that would be a great idea and hopefully not have the restrictions that TMO has - such as having only one poster online at a time. Since we still have a small group here making movings, it shouldn't be a problem to do this.