• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrannus007

Tyrannus007

Film Critic

• Pioneers
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

I'm not exactly sure where to put this, so could mods please move this to where it fits best if it doesn't go here?

Anyway, I download large files using a download manager. This is necessary due to my slow internet connection. I've tried to download the beta. What I do is right-click on the 'Download' button and click 'Get Info', and then copy the target URL into the Download Manager. However, for some reason the file it downloads is a 4-kb useless file. Am I supposed to use the download manager a different way, or is it impossible to download the file from the site using it and I should wait until I get high-speed internet? Is there any mirror for the download? Am I making sense?

Thanks.

#2 Cruleworld

Cruleworld

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

I'm working on a mirror for download as soon as a have on I'll give you a link.

Here is a mirror of the file:
http://tmohost.com/M..._Beta_2_0_0.exe

#3 Tyrannus007

Tyrannus007

Film Critic

• Pioneers
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:54 PM

It's working! Thank you for your help.

#4 twak

twak

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

Perhaps we need to start thinking about some sort of a bittorrent based approach? That should give everyone the bandwidth they need.
-- twak

#5 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:01 AM

I'm finding bittorent really useful for music, it just seems to look after itself.
You will know better than me Twak, but is it possible to use a BT approach for uploading movies?

#6 twak

twak

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:16 PM

sorry kate, no - bittorrent only works when lots of people want one file. When just one other person (the moviestorm website) wants the file, it'll be no faster.
-- twak