Timing movement duration character interaction Moving activity on timeline

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:07 AM

I am very new to ms and have spent a great deal of time hunting through user manual, video tutorials etc in order to get to grips with the software. Before launching into my project (itching to start) I am creating a short scene with 3 or 4 characters in order to learn basic directing.

So, In deirectors view I have character A move left to right and stop in middle. Character B left to right meets in middle. C walks in from off set and shoots A. A falls wounded. All 3 characters do one gesture and one action whilst walking.

My problem is synchronising the movements, actions and gestures to happen when I want them to. I can set up the moves, gestures etc but am having problems moving them on time line or setting duration of the action etc. For example if I want A to laugh 2 seconds in middle of walk, crouch briefly and carry on to mark whilst B and C do the same but at different points in their walk, how do I set that up.

Sorry such a long question but I have been able to discern the answer from tutorials etc. Really appreciate help please

Dennis

#2 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:09 AM

Sorry, meant character b right to left to meet character A

#3 Bazlawton31

Bazlawton31

Novice director

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:50 PM

If you have four characters for example and want to move them together let each one move to where you want, then click on a character and you will see their movements and gestures in the timeline, you can move the movement or gestures in the timeline left or right by holding the left mouse key down, so just go through each character and line them all up so they set off together. So movements and gestures can be moved left or right and that will allow characters to come and go how you want.