• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

When I was working on my mermaid character addon, I moved the bones of the right leg so tthey were inline with the center of the body (and thus tail) to make rigging easier. I forgot to remove the skeleton that was saved with the model (in its altered state) and MS did not crash, but seemed to use the skeleton with offset bones. Of course, when I deleted the extra skeleton, everything reverted back properly, using the skeleton in Core.

Is there a work around for modifying position/scale/rotation of bones on a per skeleton basis? In short, I am hhoping there is/could be a way for a character to have and use its own version of the existing skeleton (same bone count and names).

#2 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

Basically no, I'm afraid. Moviestorm just looks for the first skeleton it finds in the folder for a model; this could be somewhat disruptive for the rest of your characters if that is a modified one.

I've recently been looking into having additional characters - it does require some code support, and the additional characters would need quite a lot of specific animations to function. I can provide more details if it ever becomes possible/practical.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#3 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Ben. It was a bit of a fluke that I noticed a slight bone variation. Usually I remember to delete the "extra" skeleton. The program I am using always outputs a CSF, so I sometimes end up with the skelie in the addon folder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users