5 replies to this topic

#1 RavenOfOceanPark

RavenOfOceanPark

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:38 PM

:unsure: Hey everybody!

Considering getting a Max license early next month. So a big question here. Working on a film from 1965 to 68 that takes place in L.A. My main characters are musicians. Besides the question about neat long hair there is something else here you guys. Pleeease tell me that I can make characters sing! They need to be able to sing! That's important. So when I get to a point in a script where you need a character to sing {lifting a bit from Disney's "Snow White" here: example "Song WHISTLE WHILE YOU WORK"} then characters must sing vs a spoken word recitation. Also. Can I please see samples of some Moviestorm style music videos if anyone made any? That way I can view them and ask questions when they come up.

Thanks!

Raven

PS: Sorry about my tone everybody.   :unsure: 

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:45 AM

Yes they can sing.

Here's one I did :- 

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 writerly

writerly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:53 PM

You need a nice clean vocal track otherwise the lip-synching starts lips twitching to bass notes etc. What I do is put the song into my headphones and sing along with it as accurately as possible. Then use that (Bad singing) track to generate the lip movements. In post production, delete that scratch track and substitute the original. Works like a charm.

C

#4 WanderingMusician65

WanderingMusician65

Film Critic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

Hey Writerly!

Very cool video! Hahaha! Didn't get through the whole thing. But still very very neat! Will be posting questions quite a bit for awhile. Going to switch everything once I get my Max license next month. By the way. Addressing this again. But how do we get neat long hair for a male? Also need hair that is literally curly.

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:12 PM

It was my video, not Writerly's. And why do you keep switching usernames? 

#6 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:19 PM

Ah, I just did a search on your previous posts.

I forgot you were the person who keeps posting the same question again and again and never takes any notice of the replies.

I won't be giving you any more.