• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Art pen

Art pen

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

wink.gif Come on Moviestorm, let's have some more animations please. What about starting an Animation pack like Daz Studio? , Moviestormers will love them.. I think Daz studio is not selling as much as they thought they would because i think this is because you can make there basic animations with there product and Moviestorm can't...... which i think the team at moviestorm should concentrate most on. think about it, Fighting animation pack £7.99, Horror and monster animation pack £7.99, Stunt animation pack £7.99 and so on, i think the moviestorm team are doing a good job, but they need to broaden they scope more to attract more people to this easy creative medium. wink.gif

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Art pen @ Sep 30 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wink.gif Come on Moviestorm, let's have some more animations please. What about starting an Animation pack like Daz Studio? , Moviestormers will love them.. I think Daz studio is not selling as much as they thought they would because i think this is because you can make there basic animations with there product and Moviestorm can't...... which i think the team at moviestorm should concentrate most on. think about it, Fighting animation pack £7.99, Horror and monster animation pack £7.99, Stunt animation pack £7.99 and so on, i think the moviestorm team are doing a good job, but they need to broaden they scope more to attract more people to this easy creative medium. wink.gif

Actually, that is a good idea. Animation is one of the things that is more difficult to do with these movies and the more animations we have, the better. I also have Iclone and there I don't buy any props, but I sure buy a lot of animations.

#3 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:03 AM

It's quite safe to say that all packs have been imagined and planned, twice over. We just need to find the doctors capable of the necessary extra arm surgery to allow us to do more jobs at once wink.gif
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Chris Ollis @ Oct 1 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's quite safe to say that all packs have been imagined and planned, twice over. We just need to find the doctors capable of the necessary extra arm surgery to allow us to do more jobs at once wink.gif

I am not criticizing you Chris. I am just expressing my wants and needs as a consumer of film making and animation programs. Of course I am lucky, I can get any program I want, but I don't have unlimited funds either. Another good idea would be to have an a la carte type marketplace, where people could buy individual items and animations for like $1.00 each. You would be very surprised how that would add up. It isn't the big sales that make a business grow, it is the nickle and dime sales that are your bread and butter.

#5 Walvince

Walvince

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

Maybe not $1.00 each blink.gif But it's a good idea, I think.
Sorry in advance for my bad english^^

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Walvince @ Oct 1 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe not $1.00 each blink.gif But it's a good idea, I think.

They would definitely sell for $1.00 each. The animations they make are smoother and more complete than any other program I have used. They just need a bigger variety of them.

#7 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

I have to agree with the need for more animations. Custom sets, cars, costumes and puppets (The last 2 by way of allowing 'user images') can be done by us easily. It's the animations we can't do and need most.

L has a good idea. Instead of full addon packs, individual animations can be sold at a lower cost and could 'nickel and dime' Short Fuze into riches untold. smile.gif

#8 willshetterly

willshetterly

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1356 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

My biggest frustration right now is animations. If we could have some basic leaping and kicking, I would be such a happy boy.

Okay, until I started whining for specific dance and fighting animations, and motorcycles and bicycles and....

#9 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:40 PM

I think there are good ideas here.

You could break down the addon packs to individual props for sale at a cheap price, and also sell the animations as a separate bundle (or individually as well...of course, prop-specific animations would be packaged with the prop). Then the addon would become the "deal", wherein buying the addon would be cheaper then buying each asset in it separately. It would actually increase overall sales, since there will be those who will buy the addons for the deal, and those who may not want the entire addon (or may not be able to afford the entire addon) and will instead choose to buy a few assets from it for immediate use, perhaps buying the addon to get the rest later.

You can, by this method, also create an environment where new assets and animations can be put to market immediately, yielding instant returns, and then when enough are in place to warrant it, put them together as an addon that can be bought as well. If people buy each asset as it comes out, returns would be much higher then developing an entire addon (since, as stated, buying all individually would cost more then buying the "deal", the addon pack). Never neglect to consider the impulse shopper.

You can also immediately develop content to specific demands. Right now, you prioritize what themed assets you want to make so you can release an addon, and any specific items people want now need to wait at least until that addon is complete. You can develop themed assets for addons, but if something becomes in high demand, you could develop the asset immediately and get prompt returns on it, so you don't have to worry about disruption of investment in time and resources on the themed addon, since it is, in this sales environment, a secondary concern.

I do think by having more options like these in which to gain assets (a combination of individual assets, addons, and compilations) will maximize SF's earning potential.

#10 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (steelblade @ Oct 1 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to agree with the need for more animations. Custom sets, cars, costumes and puppets (The last 2 by way of allowing 'user images') can be done by us easily. It's the animations we can't do and need most.

L has a good idea. Instead of full addon packs, individual animations can be sold at a lower cost and could 'nickel and dime' Short Fuze into riches untold. smile.gif

I haven't been able to customize the puppets in Moviestorm. I would like to know how to do this. It might have changed and still might change how I am making Wonder Boy which now is being done in Iclone. I like Iclone a lot but a lot of the animations in Moviestorm work better, like the walks, runs and in general the animations in Moviestorm are complete and not jerky. Of course in Iclone I have motion editor and I can customize animations. I like both programs but I do find Moviestorm a lot easier and faster to use.

#11 steelblade

steelblade

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Oct 2 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't been able to customize the puppets in Moviestorm. I would like to know how to do this. It might have changed and still might change how I am making Wonder Boy which now is being done in Iclone. I like Iclone a lot but a lot of the animations in Moviestorm work better, like the walks, runs and in general the animations in Moviestorm are complete and not jerky. Of course in Iclone I have motion editor and I can customize animations. I like both programs but I do find Moviestorm a lot easier and faster to use.

When I tried IClone, the faces had no emotion at all, Just blank. But your right, at least one could completely customize the face.

All we need here is a control to make a character fatter/skinnier. Doesn't have to be a slider like The Movies had in their character generator. A series of generic sizes, then we can add the heads we already have. Then allow the user images to make custom appearances on those heads. Of course, user images for the costumes, too.

I don't need sizes like that yet. If anything, I need the smaller child sizes, but there was a hack for that so we can have roughly age 14 to adult.

What kind of cusomization tools can we expect for 2.0?

#12 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (steelblade @ Oct 2 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I tried IClone, the faces had no emotion at all, Just blank. But your right, at least one could completely customize the face.

All we need here is a control to make a character fatter/skinnier. Doesn't have to be a slider like The Movies had in their character generator. A series of generic sizes, then we can add the heads we already have. Then allow the user images to make custom appearances on those heads. Of course, user images for the costumes, too.

I don't need sizes like that yet. If anything, I need the smaller child sizes, but there was a hack for that so we can have roughly age 14 to adult.

What kind of cusomization tools can we expect for 2.0?

In Iclone you use the facial animation tool to give your puppets emotion. There is also Crazy Talk but I have not yet played with that much.

#13 ehughes

ehughes

Master Director

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

Nice post. Simple things like a touch on the shoulder is not possible sometimes. I know how to fake it though.

#14 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Oct 4 2009, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Iclone you use the facial animation tool to give your puppets emotion. There is also Crazy Talk but I have not yet played with that much.

I have used crazy talk in iclone, it works well but it also adds to the extensive work load you already get from iclone. I have not yet made any movie with iclone quite simply because of how complex it gets, and also the fact I am very much a noob on it, this is why I love moviestorm as it allows me to get on with creating with minimal hassle.

I have to agree with everyone though, we really could do with more animations, I would be happy to pay for them too.

#15 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

That or teach us how to create animations of our own, or include some sort of animation creator in the Mod Shop Give us something simple to work with, that can chain animations and such together
bone setting: the ability to apply bones to props in the mod shop set it direction and axises and such.

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (kv @ Oct 19 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have used crazy talk in iclone, it works well but it also adds to the extensive work load you already get from iclone. I have not yet made any movie with iclone quite simply because of how complex it gets, and also the fact I am very much a noob on it, this is why I love moviestorm as it allows me to get on with creating with minimal hassle.

I have to agree with everyone though, we really could do with more animations, I would be happy to pay for them too.

You are right, Moviestorm is much easier to use and runs much faster than Iclone. But for those things that Moviestorm can't do, like custom faces, costumes and animations, it can't be beat. It is a good idea to combine the two programs using greenscreen. I have become quite adept at using both Moviestorm and Iclone but I have kind of a special ability at using graphics arts and animation programs since I have been doing this since the early 1980's.

#17 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Oct 21 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That or teach us how to create animations of our own, or include some sort of animation creator in the Mod Shop Give us something simple to work with, that can chain animations and such together
bone setting: the ability to apply bones to props in the mod shop set it direction and axises and such.

I think the reason why we don't have customizable animations or a motion editor in Moviestorm is because of the way the program is written. However, the way it is written is what makes it so memory efficient and fast working. It is a trade off you know. I suggest you use animations and characters from other programs when you need them by using greenscreen and Moviestorm for the sets and any characters you also need. Moviestorm has a great deal of variety in animation and also you can, by clever film editing, modify some animations and use them for purposes other than what the description of that animation suggests. Also the walk paths and general movement of the puppets is much smoother than other programs.