• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jamoram62

jamoram62

Master Director

• Members
  • 880 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

You may like to know I have just published a new addon named jm_AssortedAnim.

It's available from my shared folder at https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM, under the file name jm_AssortedAnim-########.zip

Please take a look at the README file included, especially at the 'NOTES, LIMITATIONS AND KNOWN ISSUES' section:

jm_AssortedAnim, by jamoram62
    LAST UPDATED: 2019/04/24

A number of character animations, initially conceived as idle gestures while the actor is talking, listening or just idling, although can be used to denote some kind of reactions.

CONTENTS
--------

Gestures (male only):
    + Arms (left & right):
        side elevation 1-5, backward 1-5, forward 1-5, forward & out 1-5, forward & in 1-5, clocwise rotation 1-3, counterclockwise rotation 1-3
    + Forearms (left & right): flexion 1-5: neutral, supination, pronation
    + Wrists (left & right): flexion/rotation around the 3 axes
    + Fingers: a few gestures
    + Torso: forward (1-2): center, left, right; backward and back left/right; left and right

HOW TO USE
----------
Available under the Gestures->JM Assorted  menu

NOTES, LIMITATIONS AND KNOWN ISSUES
-----------------------------------
Originally this mod was conceived to provide the animator with a flexible tool for creating new animations by merging elementary animations. Too bad, this has proven to be impossible because of the way the animation engine for puppets is implemented and work in Moviestorm: for Moviestorm every limb seems to be controlled by an unique entity in such a way that no two animations can be executed at the same time and merge seamlessly, even they don't drive the same bones, say the elbow, and shoulder bones. This is a real nuisance, which makes impossible the synthesis of complex animations from more simple ones.

Anyway, I've decided to make put this mod to the public domain, hoping it will be of any use to some user. However, for creating the animations included in this addon has been a very involved process, at this moment I have decided not to create the equivalent animations for the female puppet, unless a request for doing so is received from a number of users.

CHANGE HISTORY
--------------
2019/04/24: first release

Also, please note a demo video is available 

ars longa vita brevis - Hippocrates (attributed)

If you want to tell jokes then use Muvizu; if you want to make 'Movies', use iClone; but if you want to tell stories, use Moviestorm - PrimaveraNZ

Shared addons & stuff for Moviestorm: https://drive.google...aTNsSFBuN0sxZHM