• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Besides reintroducing the sound controls for background ambient sound (if they are really gone forever and are now exclusively done in cutting room)

With that sky thing.. the colour should be tintable, like as with the face make-up so that I could blend a colour into the already chosen sky. There are colour tinting options on the menu for the "puppets" so why not the sky? I understand why other things don't have a "tint" option, but the sky is different.. since we have different stuff going on there; just like blending colours.. some would work out, some will not, personal choice there.

Still not happy about some of the failures of just finally getting into it right now with this new version on a new computer. Looks good, but I utterly hate the web video options.. AVI is something you need to keep, but please let it render with SOUND.. if that is problem that is not on my side.. (I rendered stuff AVI last night with cutting room sound added, and it was silent very very annoying, very buggy if its only my problem)

Then I did have problems with the depth of field settings.. NVIDA card is up to date but when I switched on the view of where I want focus (Lens option for framing) The entire light would turn off.. my shadows disappear & some buggy behaviour with my character would occur. It was very frustrating there..still I don't know if its me or not.. but this is a new computer so things can be a little upside down.

I was considering teaching English in a creative way to a special group, using this program but now with so much changed and me not feeling like I got my head completely around the changes I'm kind of stumped for wanting to use Moviestorm or something else like just editing programs and cameras. I thought the animation would help the students to have more freedom & access the more creative focus in the language a more "right brained" approach to a class of "right brained" youth.

I really like and enjoy some of the changes, but some things are going wrong for me thus it makes me feel like I'm not very effective enough to attempt to teach via this media.

Anyone have any suggestions to make my experience a little better?

Thank you ahead of time.

AET smile.gif
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#2 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

Ambient sound in set workshop answered in your other thread.

With regards to the sky tinting - for 1.5 we added a tint colour for the background sky, but if you add a sky texture, that only affects the area under the sky. My impression is that you are wanting an additional tint colour to affect the sky texture, too?

Video: The avi's moviestorm can still produce still have sound - I would sugest that it is a codec issue if they do not appear to have sound when you load them into your editor.
Note: Avi's are not all the same, they can contain different codecs for both video and audio. This makes them quite hard to support. WebM has the advantage that the codecs for both video and audio are specified in the standard.
I would sugest getting a video converter (such as Any Video Converter, or Miro).

I'm not quite sure what was going on with the depth of field. A log.txt from that might be very helpful.
This is created in the Moviestorm user folder. It is emptied each time you start Moviestorm, so first reproduce the problem. It's in:
Vista, Win7, Macs: Users/[Username]/Moviestorm
WinXP: C:/Documents and Settings/[Username]/Moviestorm
You can attach a log.txt to a reply post with the upload button.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#3 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

I discovered that this fault that I was having with the sound was also caused by the graphic fail of the situation. this OS is Windows 64 bit version. I will attempt to recreate the problem and post what the file says. Later though.

The sky tint would be nice, and I am just a pain wink.gif

be well!

AET
"move along, nothing to see here; these are not the droids you are looking for..."

#4 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (alteregotrip @ Jan 11 2012, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With that sky thing.. the colour should be tintable, like as with the face make-up so that I could blend a colour into the already chosen sky. There are colour tinting options on the menu for the "puppets" so why not the sky? I understand why other things don't have a "tint" option, but the sky is different.. since we have different stuff going on there; just like blending colours.. some would work out, some will not, personal choice there.

Hey Alter,

I have a skysphere and I recently updated it to allow you to change the color for the default set of images.

I may do the same for the other two sets later but no time right now.

I've also added an option for changing the user image to the last sky in that set.

Here is the forum post:
http://www.moviestor...st=0#entry86052
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#5 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

funny you should mention it, I just uploaded it this very last moment thinking about it... weird.. perhaps you noticed? I don't think its that FAST to inform you wink.gif

#6 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (alteregotrip @ Jan 11 2012, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
funny you should mention it, I just uploaded it this very last moment thinking about it... weird.. perhaps you noticed I don't think its that FAST to inform you wink.gif

If you got it this morning you may want to get it again. I just finished redoing it before that post.smile.gif

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#7 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (corthew @ Jan 11 2012, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you got it this morning you may want to get it again. I just finished redoing it before that post.smile.gif

When did you fix it? Was it before or after 12:22 Central European Time?

#8 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

the log files recreating the problem:

it is whenever I even touch the "focal range" that it does this knock out of the shadows.. and things flip out.

Attached Files

• Attached File  LOG.txt   44.64KB   2 downloads

#9 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (alteregotrip @ Jan 11 2012, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When did you fix it? Was it before or after 12:22 Central European Time?

The time stamp on it is 6:01. I'm on Eastern US time.

It looks like I posted my first reply a few minutes after updating the addon if that helps.

On my screen the timestamp is 7:17am but MS always stamps it an hour ahead for me for some reason.

I'm guessing your screen lists your time.

If you try to use it and you can't tint the sky on the default set or if scrolling through to the last image in that set doesn't give a big red X on a white background you don't have the latest.

#10 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (alteregotrip @ Jan 11 2012, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the log files recreating the problem:

it is whenever I even touch the "focal range" that it does this knock out of the shadows.. and things flip out.

It is failing to build the shaders, because it needs more than one depth buffer.

You said your nvidia drivers are updated, but you are actually using a built in Intel graphics chip. I dont have any expectation of the intel graphics working with depth of field.

If you actually have a nvidia card as well as the intel graphics chip, you need to work out how to use it with moviestorm. Some laptops have both (the intel one is better for when you are running in power saving modes), and will have either a software setting to change between them, or a hardware switch or button to change.
Some desktop machines have both, and you need to make sure your monitor cable is plugged into the graphics card, rather than the motherboard.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#11 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Jan 11 2012, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is failing to build the shaders, because it needs more than one depth buffer.

You said your nvidia drivers are updated, but you are actually using a built in Intel graphics chip. I dont have any expectation of the intel graphics working with depth of field.

Thank you for pointing this very important information out, since this is a new computer new energy saving modes are automatic, I shut it down and now I get shaders.. thanks much for the trouble shooting smile.gif It did the trick!!!!

#12 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

In the Log.txt (like you sent me), on the 7th line, it says:
OpenGL version: Intel .........
If you have sucessfully switched to your nvidia card, you should be able to open the log.txt in a text editor and see that line saying a Nvidia opengl version.
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#13 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Nice to hear your voice again AET smile.gif
Be well Sweden

#14 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Ben_S @ Jan 11 2012, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the Log.txt (like you sent me), on the 7th line, it says:
OpenGL version: Intel .........
If you have sucessfully switched to your nvidia card, you should be able to open the log.txt in a text editor and see that line saying a Nvidia opengl version.

Time to initial setup: 0,0014
Moviestorm 1.5 release 28731, 12 December 2011
Operating system: Windows 7 6.1 x86
JVM version: Sun Microsystems Inc. 19.1-b02
Time to create platform instance: 0,1537
User alteregotrip, started at Wed Jan 11 15:54:25 CET 2012
OpenGL version: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 540M/PCI/SSE2 4.1.0
OpenGL supported extensions: GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float

<------see? it works! smile.gif

#15 alteregotrip

alteregotrip

Master Director

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Jan 11 2012, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice to hear your voice again AET smile.gif
Be well Sweden

Hejsan Norge! smile.gif