• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

The ATLAS is en route to a Rendezvous at a Space Station in a far corner of the Trident Galaxy with Earth Alliance to send back Artefacts & Minerals that have been found by the ATLAS over the last 3 months while scanning the Outer rim. As they are scanning the last Planet (before the Space Station) they pick up a Broken Distress Call from the Planets Surface. The Codex report for the Planet stated that it was Uninhabited & dead. That there had once been a Mining Facility but it was now closed & derelict. As standard Procedure Capt Hero decides to go along with the Landing Party to see just who it is sending Distress Calls.
On with the Show..
Enjoy!

ENIGMA: THE HERO CHRONICLES
'Children of the Oracle'

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=108346

WRITTEN & DIRECTED by kwistufa
ALL POST PRODUCTION - Magix Movie Editor, Magix Music Editor by kwistufa
(With the Exception of 1 tune "dukes Escape' from Budbundysmullet)
Special Thanks to UBER for letting me use his Series & Mods
ALONZO for importing them into MS.

*Mild Adult & Religious Themes*

'Children of the Oracle'

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

Really looking forward to watching this later Kwistufa!

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

Me too. High Def Internet TV streamers might want to check out this version:

#4 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

Excellent! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Hope you Enjoy it smile.gif

'Children of the Oracle'

Thanks for Adding the Vimeo Link Nahton.. Cheers Mate!

#5 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Can somebody say something in the Comments box of the Movie...(?) Please ?
Did you like it?? unsure.gif

'Children of the Oracle'

#6 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

Hi Kwis,

Funny you should ask wink.gif

I just finished watching it and have to say it was not quite what I expected and really impressed me on many fronts. The look and effects were just spectacular. The space ship scenes flying over the terrain were especially excellent. I was impressed with the array of props now available to create the internal ship shots and a complete SciFi environment in general.

The part that surprised me was that it was a slow build, dialogue driven suspense vehicle. I guess that shouldn't have surprised me as it follows in the tradition of other quality SciFi vehicles and in particular one of my favorites, Star Trek TNG.

You did an excellent job interspersing a variety of gestures on all characters to give the production life. Kudos to you on the VO's as well. Knowing you had a wide range of voices and did wonder at one point if you were doing all the male voices but I didn't dwell on it and I wasn't sure until the end credits.

Btw - I watched this on Vimeo streaming on a large flat panel TV and it looked great.

Great job all around. You did the Moviestorm engine proud.

#7 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (kwistufa @ Aug 4 2012, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can somebody say something in the Comments box of the Movie...(?) Please ?
Did you like it??

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet Kwis. Too busy watching the Kiwis winning all the rowing Golds wink.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#8 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (primaveranz @ Aug 4 2012, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet Kwis. Too busy watching the Kiwis winning all the rowing Golds wink.gif

All Good. Look forward to hearing your thoughts after the sporting event presently on.. wink.gif

Happy to say Enigma: The Hero Chronicles has been Featured on the MS Site.
Thanks Powers-that-be at the MS HQ!

Don't forget to have a look anyone else that hasn't yet! smile.gif

#9 tree

tree

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Thank you for a great story and the telling.

Just my 'hopefully' constructive ideas:spoken with emotional reaction rather then craft knowledge: (If you are not asking for it; please skip below section ;-)

The opening sequence-pre-credits act, I can imagine a huge challenge, in any medium (live or CG)

The Hook to keep me watching is so important to get right.
Not everybody will get Jarred by a little too many 'character cuts' and the occasional camera panning on un-moving characters. They were so 'in my face' right at the 'get go' I 'jumped' out of the 'story' and started to focus on the 'medium' rather then the content.

The occasional camera panning on un-moving characters between character cuts in the very complex 'chaotic' pre-credits sequence was jarring. My preference is to keep a (focus on the over-all situation ) camera still unless there is a physical or emotional 'move' ; i couldn't get into a 'pan' in that situation.
Half as many 'character dialog cuts' would have been better for me, I just couldn't hold so many (characters in my face so soon ) ; though it did add to the chaos.

Post opening credits The character focus (camera work) worked well for me.
I wanted to see an extra head and torso animation layer to bring the already great face and arms animations together.

The characters were way to polite never talking over eachother's lines; I wanted to see that 'blend' at times; the 'beat' (pace) of the dialog has a rhythm that jars if it's broken. It broke for me sometimes but soon picked up.

I really liked how your musical-score 'played' so well in the whole of the film; building emotional content so well.
Watched/listened on a laptop speakers so i probably missed a lot of it's art.

I look forward to further installments of your 'movies'

#10 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Wow... Thanks Tree!

Thats a great Review.. Very Useful. Thanks!!
It has been read, about 3 times over now to 'sink in'.. hehe. & I shall be reading it again.
All Good points & Ideas... taken onboard...!

I agree with everything you've said.. Though its interesting the different things that people have had to say...
Somebody else told me they liked the 'jerky' Head Shots in the Opening scene (Maybe a tad 'Trek'ish) but thought I should have kept them up in the other dialogue scenes later on...
There were some shots I was REALLY happy with & a few that were fairly ordinary but kind of had to be done by necessity.. To miss out on an unco anim etc..
Anyway Thanks for Having a look & leaving such a useful comment.. Also for making those Awesome Mountains in the Terrain Scenes wink.gif

I'm working on Ep 2 at Present.

#11 JosephKw

JosephKw

Director

• Pioneers
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think you've taken MS to the next frontier with this one. Great visuals, ambience, and lighting! I agree with Nahton that this felt like a ST:TNG episode with the character intro and methodical setup. As for constructive criticism...where's Master Sgt. Kwong? wink.gif Oh, and I mustn't forget to mention it was nice seeing the new sword play expansion in a film! Nice job Kwis. How long's it going to take for episode 2?

#12 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (JosephKw @ Aug 9 2012, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you've taken MS to the next frontier with this one.
Nice job Kwis. How long's it going to take for episode 2?

Thanks very much Joseph! smile.gif
Glad you liked it. As for Episode 2.., it is already underway..
A few ppl have seen some screenies from it so far & seem to like the ideas...I hope!
I'm about 1/3 of the way into/through it..
Though I'm creating the Music to go with the visuals as I go..
So doing this & doing that to get things done.
Hopefully about 6 weeks or less till we're ready to Blast off into another Adventure with HERO & The Crew.

Here's what a Few Critics/Reviewers have had to say so far on the 1st Episode - 'Children of the Oracle'

65radius: I was particularly impressed with the naturalness of the conversations, the dramatic camera angles, and the vastness of the exterior scenes!

clobert: One of the most impressive things I've seen done in Moviestorm.

rampa: You have done some very impressive work with this piece. It holds together very well, is lively, and tells a good story. Awesome Job!

tree: A great Epic Full-length SciFi episode that impressed and moved far beyond being a MS-movie.

alteregotrip: The overall look and sound and works done with this made a really really impressive effort.. unreal brilliant. Interesting series.

jimithehermit: Very good and pretty impressive!

alonzo11208: ooooo boy! Kwistufa first let me say you've earned a place up there with those who were able to make a worthwhile full length Moviestorm film.

jakechief: This movie is one of the best moviestorm movies I have seen!

Nahton: The look and effects were just spectacular. The space ship scenes flying over the terrain were especially excellent.

Ubernewbie: You've done the Team proud.

Would like to once again say a BIG Thank You to all the Modders that made this Possible & everyone else that has taken the time to watch it..!

Follow the Link below if you are keen to Check it out:

#13 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

I watched this flick twice, I enjoyed it so much; and the visuals look great.
Looking forward to the next episode! Will it contain a hobo? huh.gif^smile.gif biggrin.gif

#14 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Looking forward to the next episode!

#15 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (bongoman @ Aug 24 2012, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking forward to the next episode! Will it contain a hobo? huh.gif^smile.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks Bongo.
Really happy that you liked it as you have been 1 of my Sci Fi Moviemaking Guru's for many Years now.
Always nice to receive an acknowledgment off somebody I look up to and think of as a Friend and peer.

As for the Hobo.. Every Galaxy has em! lol

#16 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

Heres what a few (or 4) people over at TMU had to say about the Movie.. smile.gif

Bezzer: This just had everything in spades...atmosphere, visuals, camerawork, sets, lighting (standout for me), mods, VOs, story, rounded characters and just some of the best all round work I've seen to date on any MS movie.

GoofParade: A most excellent and ambitious project executed with aplomb and finesses. Excellent story and dialogue, great puppeteering, use of music, lighting, camera work and overall vision.

Grey Dingo: Sound production is excellent, underscoring very good indeed - beautiful work there. The composition of the scenes in all particulars is consistently good, and direction of the animation is accomplished and professional.

Macwemyss: The sets looked awesome and just the overall scale of the production far surpassed anything I've seen in MS before. It had an epic feel that I can't say I've really experienced in an MS film since Sisch's Saving Grace.

#17 kwistufa

kwistufa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Just a Bump to let you know that
EPISODE 2 - SHADOWS of the Past
is NOW SHOWING Right Here:

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=108838

Would Love a Few Views & Comments!
smile.gif

Thanks to all the Generous Modders in our Community!