Books learn screenplay camera work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

Hi everyone. Just thought Id share some really excellent books I have read recently and use the ideas from

Master shots series 1, 2 and 3 by Christopher Kenworthy. Brilliant set of books discussing and showing how to use different camera angles and character positioning to get best effect. Hundreds of different scenarios, dialogue, chase, romance, tension etc. Nicely illustrated and I find exceptionally useful for Moviestorm.

The art of the cut - every filmmaker should know by Greg Keast. Great read on filmmaking with lots of material useful for Moviestorm.

Writing Short Films - structure and content for filmmakers by Lind Cowgill. I found this a brilliant read which focuses my mind on how to construct scenes and plot line to really maintain interest. Excellent read.

Hope you find these useful.

Dennis

#2 johnboy495

johnboy495

Novice director

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:11 PM

Thanks Dennis I'll check it out, when I can.

Johnny

#3 mloakley

mloakley

Master Director

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for sharing, Dennis. Some great resources.

~M