• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:50 PM

Set in the Republik of Britain, a 1980s dystopia. The police try to enforce the will of the government on the starving population.

This movie draws inspiration from A Clockwork Orange, Nineteen Eightyfour etc., but tried to put an original spin on it.

You can see it here.

#2 CHADFilms

CHADFilms

Master Director

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

Too long for me right now, but from the 3 minutes I watched looking good! When I get more time I'll finish it!
C.H.A.D. Films has been renamed to "Rapid Fire Studios" - Website: Coming Soon

#3 rampa

rampa

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1220 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

digging the lighting, setting, and the whole thing. Very nicely done. I like the washed-out, industrial, bleak look. The shadows are awesome, and can be finnicky in MS.

#4 hythammm

hythammm

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

great work
My upcoming work : PSEUDOMURDERER .
COMING SOON
June 2009
HHH

#5 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:25 AM

Whew, a lot of detailed work in this, very impressive. Great writing, v/o's & sound ambience & music too. Bravo.

#6 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1136 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:54 AM

This is simply fantastic, I don't know where to begin!

All areas of the movie were first class, but the sets and props, particularly the harbour area, were outrageously good!

This really shows Moviestorm's potential, probably better than anything that's gone before.

PN

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#7 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

Loved the lighting and set design! Great camerawork as well!

#8 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

Visually stunning. Please sir, I want some more!
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#9 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I can use them in my defence now every time my wife complains I'm spending too much time in Moviestorm!

I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to watch this given that the first time I uploaded it it had an unsightly ribbon at the bottom of the screen, and the second time I somehow managed to invent my own aspect ratio of 3:43 or whatever (the original file was OK on my PC though...)

Anyhoo, it's corrected now if you'd like to see what I originally intended. smile.gif

#10 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:23 AM

Man, that was a work of art! Great story, direction, and effects. The use of modded content help to give the a look unlike typical MovieStorm movies due sets and settings that were out of the norm. The acting was great as well.

#11 sisch

sisch

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

Wonderful work! Inspiring camera, use of light and shadow, a great story - love it! smile.gif

#12 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:31 AM

Thanks one again everyone. In case you missed my announcement, I'm going to be talking about Clockwork on the Ken & Roger show on TMOA Radio later today.

Details for tuning in are here Hope you can join!

#13 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:52 AM

As it turns out it's the Roger and Ken show, and not the Ken and Roger show! Anyway, I think it went OK. If you'd like to listen it's available now at this page. I'm in part 3, although I'm sure the rest of it is just as good if not better tongue.gif

#14 Xolotl

Xolotl

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

(iceaxe)
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I can use them in my defence now every time my wife complains I'm spending too much time in Moviestorm!
Tell yer wife that this flick is festival worthy. Bravo...

#15 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

I'm a little late to the party but I just saw this film and I'd still like to take a turn praising you and this amazing piece of work. Great sets, props, characters, dialogue, music (awesome), lighting, camera work, etc. More than any of those though, the melding of all of these elements was done deftly. With Clockwork, you have shown a great, highly honed skill of crafting a vision. Congratulations.