• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 headrushindi

headrushindi

Wannabe film-maker

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:09 AM

Maybe someone out there can give me a clue as to why I am having this unusual  problem with lighting 

I have a set which I built in sketchup and furnished  with  some moviestorm furniture and some  sketchup made furniture,

I am using moviestorm lighting . I havefour main lights in the scenetwo on the ceiling as a fill light  and two table lamps set to different  power levels ..However they seem to behave oddly from time to time they seem to LINK together when i turn one down the other comes on ..they dont seem to want to stay at the settings on which I have set them ...irratic behaviour.....

has anyone encountered this before??  

Head Rush Independent Films

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:26 AM

Did you set them all at the start of the timeline? Or by any chance have you got one changing it's brightness over time? Might be that is the issue.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1136 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:50 AM

Hi,

I suspect that it's a number of lights issue. Back in the day, Moviestorm could only cope with light from three sources, so it worked out which three sources were the strongest at a given point and used those. Of course if you have moving lights, or switch lights on and off, this really messes things up.

The GOOD NEWS, however, is that the number of lights in play can be increased. So I suggest trying the following:

Start MS

Click on "Settings"

Click the "Graphics" tab

Check the lowest line "Max lights illuminating each object". My suspicion is that yours is set to 3...

I wouldn't go too crazy upping that number though as it will be a drain on resources, just set it high enough to cope with your current project.

Hope that helps!

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!