• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Tom

Tom

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

"The Ballroom", another short test video.
Main purpose was to test possibilities of assembling 2D Moviestorm footage in 3D space of another application.

http://tomjantol.blogspot.com/

ShortFuze, I must say that it is absolutely imperative to any animator to have a better positioning tools for props, characters, everything. If you let us move any asset in any axis, usability of Moviestorm will jump to the roof.

#2 twak

twak

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

wow, very impressive compositing - you make it look effortless!
-- twak

#3 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

Fabulous work, I had a Ben moment, wondering if you had activated the the terrain tool smile.gif
Your ballroom is beautiful, did you make it yourself?

#4 Tom

Tom

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

Nope, it is from Poser.
Things is, it will be rather easy to make that kind of environment and animation if we can put props wherever we want and if - this is the moment when Moviestorm can become really usable for some serious work - we can move and animate props by simple keyframing (path for cars, for example).

#5 Sweatyshoulder

Sweatyshoulder

Novice director

• Pioneers
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:33 AM

That was really cool! I hope you don't mind, I showed it to other people and I think it may have got more people involved in this community. wink.gif

Great film, that was neat! I still have no idea how you did any of it.

#6 Rysto

Rysto

Novice director

• Pioneers
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:46 AM

Nice! Cool effects. Being allowed to outside edit can open considerable, new avenues of expression.

If only I could find a decent editor for my moviestorm movies. sad.gif My Window Movie Maker doesn't like to edit for me and crashes regularly.
A Lionheader.
Click this for Moviestorm Projects
Click this for Rysto's Workshop

#7 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:56 AM

I enjoy your work, Tom... thanks!
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#8 mrjoyce

mrjoyce

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:25 AM

Tom,
Absolutely brilliant! I've watched this video several times and it does not cease to awe me.

I agree with your comments. Moviestorm has the potential to jump to the roof and over it.
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" - Orson Welles

Pineapple Pictures
http://pinechunks.blogspot.com/

#9 Michelle

Michelle

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:56 PM

Stunning work, Tom!
My machinima:
http://britannicadreams.com/
More machinima:
http://www.mprem.com/

#10 Toriel

Toriel

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:19 PM

I have to say that this movie has left me speechless.

This looks sooooo cool!

I have to say once again that I'm amazed a what can be accomplished with this program which is not even out yet!

Keep up the excellent work!
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

May the Muses inspire you today.

#11 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

Very nice, Tom! Both Rain, Ripples and The Ballroom are excellent experiments.
The forecast is - MOVIESTORM!
www.FlingFilms.com My system: WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c -- Intel Core2 Duo 2.44GHz processor -- 2GB RAM -- nVidia GEForce 8800 GTS w/620MB

#12 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:03 PM

(Rysto)
Nice! Cool effects. Being allowed to outside edit can open considerable, new avenues of expression.

If only I could find a decent editor for my moviestorm movies. sad.gif My Window Movie Maker doesn't like to edit for me and crashes regularly.

I recommend Pinnacle Studio 10 - It costs around 70 or 80 dollars and is well worth it.

Oh I loved the movies but is there somewhere I could download them as my browser was just too slow.

#13 revdoug

revdoug

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:11 AM

That ROCKS!

revdoug

#14 Tom

Tom

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:44 AM

Thank you all for kind words.
I know I repeat myself, but:
Listen, ShortFuze, in moment when you allowed us to import models and maybe even bvh files, to use avi textures, to position models where ever we want and let us use some sort of layering of characters animations plus keyframing of objects, Moviestorm will become very, very, serious animation tool.
Then movies will be better, you will be rich and famous, we will be famous and rich and world of animation will be reinvented. There will be no wars, no hunger, no....
Ups... it is time to stop.

lucindamc123, thanks for asking, I uploaded movies for you:
http://anymation.4shared.com/

#15 Eddz

Eddz

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:04 PM

I've seen the 'Ripples' film before (and was impressed), but today was the first time I saw 'Ballroom'. Wow, what an amazing film. It's great seeing creative minds being put to play with Moviestorm. Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif

#16 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:13 PM

Seriously. How did you do that? Freakin' cool. Is it wrong to ask? Was it all post-production/editing, or something in MovieStorm I still have no idea about? You may have answered this somewhere else on the forum pages, but what programs do you use in addition to MovieStorm? ...I ask not to copy, but because I'm inspired. :0)

#17 Noelle

Noelle

Director

• Pioneers
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:44 PM

wow impressive!

#18 Tom

Tom

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

febe films, it isn't wrong to ask, I am glad that you did.
Movie couple is made in Moviestorm, of course. In front of green screen. Then, in Sony Vegas green is replaced with alpha (to become transparent).
After that videos of couple (many of them, because for next step is important to have couple filmed from different angles) are imported in my favourite animation software, MotionBuilder. I replicated floor from Moviestorm, made animation of ballroom mechanism in 3D space of MotionBuilder and just placed videos of couple in middle of animated ballroom.
Camera is placed behind videos of course, and illusion of 2D couple kissing each other in 3D space of ballroom is complete.
Very simple, actually.
Hope I answered good enough, my English is still in beta stage, like Moviestorm. smile.gif

#19 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

Your response is perfect - just what I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to answer - I loved the film. (...and your English is very, very good, so no worries there...) I am so looking forward to your future projects! tongue.gif

#20 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

(Sweatyshoulder)
I showed it to other people and I think it may have got more people involved in this community.

We don't mind at all - the best way to get people interested in Moviestorm is to show people what you guys are making with it!
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder