• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:17 PM

Spies, terrorists and mad scientists think Seymour is a secret agent, but he's just the Man from Schenectady.

The movie is now available on CreateSpace https://www.createspace.com/338360 and on Amazon http://www.amazon.co..._...3043&sr=1-2

It is also available for viewing on Amazon now. for only $2.99 http://www.amazon.co...c...4095&sr=1-1

Starring: Seymour Finklestein, Richard Poshad, Starlite Moon, Lucinda McNary Stephen Dobber, Neal Steiger, Paul Firmin, Roger Burlong Strange, Alex Burlong Strange, Shawn Gee, Craig Harbison, Phil Browne, Tera Whitten, Karin Bierman, Damon Lee Patterson and Denis Rekic.

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=104477

Richard wrote the script for the trailer, along with the credit placement ideas and music ideas. It really helped a lot. Wish more writers would do this.

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

This movie is still buffering and not playing. It might be just my DSL because it is only a 90 mg file, smaller than I usually upload.

#3 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ May 17 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This movie is still buffering and not playing. It might be just my DSL because it is only a 90 mg file, smaller than I usually upload.

yep sry not working 4 me atm ...just sits bufferung also sad.gif

#4 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (roguevirus @ May 17 2010, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yep sry not working 4 me atm ...just sits bufferung also sad.gif

Well I will give it a few more minutes and then try uploading it again. I know it completed.

#5 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

not playing for me neither sad.gif

forumsig.png

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (andy_price @ May 17 2010, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not playing for me neither sad.gif

I am reuploading it. but here is a link on You Tube and it is playing there

#7 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

looks very interesting, well done... how did you film the rocket pack bit?

forumsig.png

#8 squadronfilms

squadronfilms

Director

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

Just watched it on YouTube, looks good smile.gif
Paul Firmin-IMDB
Producer/Director
Squadron Films

#9 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (squadronfilms @ May 17 2010, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just watched it on YouTube, looks good smile.gif

Thank you. It is a very funny script.

#10 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:19 AM

This time it is working fine. There must have been some glitch in the site when I uploaded the first version. The url is the same. All I did was replace the video.

#11 roguevirus

roguevirus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

looks bizarre in a good way wink.gif the plot i mean . And a mixture of MS and Iclone ? either that or i missed out on some puppets. Good job buddy look forward to more.....oh btw just checked out Urban Dream ...grt stuff a nicely polished realized project smile.gif (god how outta touch am i ...le sigh)

#12 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (roguevirus @ May 18 2010, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks bizarre in a good way wink.gif the plot i mean . And a mixture of MS and Iclone ? either that or i missed out on some puppets. Good job buddy look forward to more.....oh btw just checked out Urban Dream ...grt stuff a nicely polished realized project smile.gif (god how outta touch am i ...le sigh)

Oh the script is very bizarre and quite unusual. Yes it is MS and Iclone since I had to use custom designed characters either to looik like the actors or as Richard, the writer wanted them to look. In the finished movie a lot more of the sets will be done in Moviestorm because they are easier to do in Moviestorm than in Iclone and I will do a lot of green screen for the custom puppets. Well thank you about Urban Dream. Yes I really loved that script too. I need to send it to film festivals but I just have not had time.

#13 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:00 AM

Just updated the trailer as the movie is now complete and is being sent to distributors and there were a lot of scenes I refilmed. So you will see some new scenes in this trailer.

http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=104477

#14 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

This movie is now complete and the DVD is made and will be sent to Amazon tomorrow. It will be available for view on the computer or to purchase a DVD. I would have released it for free but that would not be fair to all those who contributed to the movie. It took me a long time to do the final edit but I am pretty picky. Some scenes were done with Moviestorm and of course today I could have made the whole movie with Moviestorm which I would have preferred because I like it so much better than Iclone. The animations are smoother in Moviestorm and it is faster and easier to use too.

#15 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 29 2012, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have released it for free but that would not be fair to all those who contributed to the movie.

Well, I guess it would depend on what your contributors are expecting. By charging for your movie you will greatly reduce the exposure that your contributors will enjoy. Were they expecting to get paid? If so, I can only imagine they're going to be disappointed with their share of the proceeds...

BTW, did you use any assets provided under a creative commons licence, or did you exclusively use your own originated content?

#16 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well it is also on IMDB so I have to release it commercially. If it doesn't do that well on sales, I will release it later for free. Yes I have the rights to everything I used in the movie and I have actor and musician release forms signed by them.

#17 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 30 2012, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it doesn't do that well on sales, I will release it later for free.

Will you tell your customers that when they buy it?

#18 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (iceaxe @ Apr 30 2012, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will you tell your customers that when they buy it?

No, I will wait a year probably before I release it online. Most commercial movies are in theaters for about 6 months and then they end up on Netflix and cable and then later on regular TV.

#19 MefuneAkira

MefuneAkira

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 284 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Apr 29 2012, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have released it for free but that would not be fair to all those who contributed to the movie.

So everyone involved with your movie was contracted for payment and that's why you have to sell it or you just want to pay them for their time, to be nice?

I'm having a hard time understanding why you're charging money for a Moviestorm movie.

Just curious.

#20 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (MefuneAkira @ Apr 30 2012, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So everyone involved with your movie was contracted for payment and that's why you have to sell it or you just want to pay them for their time, to be nice?

I'm having a hard time understanding why you're charging money for a Moviestorm movie.

Just curious.

No I didn't contract to pay them but yes I just want them to benefit from the sale of the DVD's. And I want people to see it on their TV using a DVD, not just on the computer. I watched it yesterday on our huge big screen TV and the resolution, color and everything was great. But of course I can't make DVD's and just give them away so Creataspace is doing this. And actually this movie was mostly made with Iclone. A few scenes were made with Moviestorm. Of course if I made it today I could have done everything in Moviestorm that I did with Iclone and it would have been a lot easier to do too.

Vautrin is being made with Moviestorm. I had two movies on Time Warner Cable that were made with Moviestorm and they were on the channel for a year and well received. Moviestorm is beautiful.