• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:20 AM

Here is a taste of "Morning Run Amok." What started out as a "little" beta test wound up consuming over three months of my life.

The actual movie is nine minutes of Moviestorm. I tried experimenting with as many film and camera techniques as I could think of. I got busted in three separate locations while video taping and photographing backdrops.

The project is now in the musical scoring stage, so I figured while I wait for Overman to work his magic (and then for gToon to master and enhance the entire audio) I would put together this one minute trailer.

It's a cavalcade of stars! The cast is huge; 16 actors all told.

To watch a high resolution DivX version of the trailer go to www.flingfilms.com

Here it is at YouTube:
The forecast is - MOVIESTORM!
www.FlingFilms.com My system: WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c -- Intel Core2 Duo 2.44GHz processor -- 2GB RAM -- nVidia GEForce 8800 GTS w/620MB

#2 CPT Destroyer

CPT Destroyer

Master Director

• Banned
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:33 AM

Looks good! I can't wait. :mrgreen:

#3 Lionheart

Lionheart

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:39 AM

...oh, well I already put my whole opinion on the YT comments...

Anyway, if there's a way I can help, let know.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LHMachinima

#4 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:14 AM

Looks fantastic! Most impressive!
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#5 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

Wow, a veeeerrry slick trailer, quite impeccable! looks intriguing too, well done all round.
I was particularly impressed with the attention to detail, with the blurred video footage in the bg, you're a very thoughtful creator.

#6 mrjoyce

mrjoyce

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 586 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:22 PM

Can't wait to see this. Loved the back grounds in the trailer. Moviestorm and other visual media seem to blend together very well.
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" - Orson Welles

Pineapple Pictures
http://pinechunks.blogspot.com/

#7 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:29 PM

Thank you all for checking it out and commenting!

I can't agree more, mrjoyce. Part of the fun I'm having in the final phase is matching color and contrast between photographed backdrops and MS facades. I'm disappointed with the quality output from my video camera, so I have kept its usage to a minimum.

I used an overall film grain effect for the trailer to compensate for the color matching phase not being completed, but I don't think the movie will have it (hopefully won't need it).

This movie is going to be the basis for the series of tutorials I plan to create. I'm really excited by the music Overman has come up with. I can't wait to hear the completed score!! tongue.gif
www.FlingFilms.com My system: WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c -- Intel Core2 Duo 2.44GHz processor -- 2GB RAM -- nVidia GEForce 8800 GTS w/620MB

#8 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

This looks really, really great Fleef. I'm totally stoked to see the final version. The tutorials will be a great asset to the community, as well. When do you suppose the final edit will be uploaded? Soon, I hope. smile.gif

#9 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:54 PM

Your work has a great polish to it. Nicely done!

#10 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:29 AM

Thanks, guys. It's all in the hands of the maestro now.

#11 Toriel

Toriel

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

I really liked it. Very cool camera work and backdrops. The grocery store, board room and cubicles look great.

Can't wait to see the rest!
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

May the Muses inspire you today.

#12 DavidB

DavidB

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:45 PM

would it help if we can deliver lighting, depth of field, more content, more characters, more animations, more sound and ... oh, wait, you are an artist and we should contstrain and starve you to ensure you are at your most creative. Sorry I mentioned it.

this is one GREAT trailer! My wife is a marathon runner (recovering from foot surgery) so I know EXACTLY how crazy people get if they cannot RUN RUN RUN every day!
David J W Bailey ACA MA MSc GIBiol MInstD

blog.david.bailey.net www.twitter.com/davidjwbailey www.flickr.com/people/davidjwbailey

#13 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:09 AM

(DavidB)
would it help if we can deliver lighting, depth of field, more content, more characters, more animations, more sound and ... oh, wait, you are an artist and we should contstrain and starve you to ensure you are at your most creative. Sorry I mentioned it.

hehe! I'm dead set against laziness and complacency, but starving is overrated. 8)

Project update: Overman has finished the score. It is frakkin' awesome! gToon is now busy cleaning up, balancing and enhancing the foley, VO and music and mastering the final audio mix. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

#14 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:47 PM

I really loved this Fleef, look forward to the whole piece.

#15 febe films

febe films

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:28 AM

Hey, Fleef - hope everything is okay with your film. Still in the works? (No doubt Gtoon has been working on it steadily. I'm still awaiting the release anxiously - just like a new, summer blockbuster!!) :mrgreen:

#16 FLeeF

FLeeF

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for the interest. Everything is on track and we're almost ready to release.

My role has been pretty much reduced to watching the oven timer tick as it bakes at 350; its aroma filling the kitchen and making my stomach growl. :-o

#17 mrjoyce

mrjoyce

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:25 AM

Fleef,

Just saw the full version of Morning Run Amok over at Machiniplex http://www.machiniplex.com/.

Looks like another big winner. I really liked the use of the backdrops as sets. They were very clear and added to the experience. I also liked the camera work very much.

Your films in Moviestorm are so superior to the other programs. Congratualtions again!
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" - Orson Welles

Pineapple Pictures
http://pinechunks.blogspot.com/

#18 CPT Destroyer

CPT Destroyer

Master Director

• Banned
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:39 AM

I just saw it, too. Very funny! I laughed quite a bit. Very nice work on all the modding and such. I liked it a lot!

#19 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:25 AM

Saw it. Loved it. Am awestruck by it.

Magnificent work, FLeeF (and associates).
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#20 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:23 PM

Just watched the full film Fleef. Too many parts of this impressed me to mention them all but the standard of chromakeying really struck me, the dialogue, the acting and Phil's music.