• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 charlenemedwards

charlenemedwards

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:33 AM

Hello friends, I am new to Moviestorm. I have reviewed many tutorials  but cannot seem to understand where to begin creating clothes for my models.  What software is used for this type of production? Thanks

ReadyMade

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:00 AM

Any 3D software which can output to a CAL3d format will allow you to create "costumes". But be aware it is not a trivial matter to create your own.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 charlenemedwards

charlenemedwards

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:13 AM

Thanks for your quick response. So do you know of any tutorials because I can't seem to imagine how I would be able to fit the model in Moviestorm with the clothing I create, or maybe would the model be importable into the 3D program?  One more thing, would Sketchup be a good candidate? If not, do you have a recommendation? Thanks again

ReadyMade

#4 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:21 PM

http://www.moviestor...ding_2#Costumes

The clothing model needs to be skinned onto the Moviestorm skeleton, and include the body (as well as the clothes).

There are versions of the Moviestorm body and skeleton is downloadable files listed on the right hand panel of that page.

Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#5 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:49 PM

SketchUp is excellent for buildings and inanimated objects but I prefre to use Milkshape 3d (which is very cheap). Blender is much better and it is free, but the learning curve defetas a lot of people. See this thread for details on using Mikshape (not specifically for costumes but it should help :- http://www.moviestor...?showtopic=8945

Cheers.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#6 charlenemedwards

charlenemedwards

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

I am so grateful. Thanks VERY MUCH for your help

ReadyMade