• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:28 PM

It's probably worth while pointing out that when you add mods to Moviestorm, you may experience problems outside our control. We have often found that issues reported by users are due to problems with third party mods, not with Moviestorm itself.

We're more than happy for you to create and use mods, but if you're having problems - particularly crash-related problems - try de-activating all your 3rd party mods first, and then see if it still happens. If everything runs smoothly, chances are it's a mod that's causing your problem.

This could be because there's something wrong with the actual mod. (See, for example, Chris's post on texture sizes and memory errors.) You may also have performance problems if you are running a lot of mods, even if they're all individually fine. (See Dave's post on problems caused by having lots of files in the addons.)

While we will try to help where we can, and we're certainly interested to find out what issues you have, please be aware that we don't support mods that aren't supplied by us, and there's usually not a lot we can do to fix problems caused by 3rd party mods, except to suggest that you disable them.

So, please do carry on modding, but remember that you do so at your own risk, and please do let us know if you're using any 3rd party mods when you report issues to us. As they say - your mileage may vary.

Thanks.
The Moviestorm Team

#2 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:00 PM

A reminder for modders having problems with the 1.1.7 upgrade. Please check whether Moviestorm runs without mods before reporting to us that Moviestorm doesn't work. That way we can tell whether your problem is related to Moviestorm itself or to your mods.

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Aug 21 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're more than happy for you to create and use mods, but if you're having problems - particularly crash-related problems - try de-activating all your 3rd party mods first, and then see if it still happens. If everything runs smoothly, chances are it's a mod that's causing your problem.

See our longer post on the dev blog.
The Moviestorm Team

#3 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Moviestorm @ Oct 20 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A reminder for modders having problems with the 1.1.7 upgrade. Please check whether Moviestorm runs without mods before reporting to us that Moviestorm doesn't work. That way we can tell whether your problem is related to Moviestorm itself or to your mods.

See our longer post on the dev blog.

I just imported about 20 different houses that I created and converted using Sketchup 6 with no problems at all. In fact I built an entire small suburban town for a movie I am doing for Richard Poshard. Believe it or not, the movie runs very fast, renders very fast and I also got about 20 puppets on the set. I think that the memory change I made per your instructions really helped. I should have this movie up and running this week for you to see. I was amazed and also I was rendering a scene in Iclone (several scenes in fact all day) and ran Moviestorm at the same time. Iclone is a big memory hog but Moviestorm still ran very fast. So kudos to you all. It is working beautifully now even with my complex detailed mods. Also, even when I use Sony Vegas and am rendering a film and Vegas uses about 90% of my memory, Ic an still run Moviestorm with no slow downs.

And I haven't yet even upgraded to 1.17.