moving on mesh etc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

Hi

I have various mod buildings and props imported from sketchup and want to move characters on them. I use a platform mesh for some but the mesh texture shows. This isnt a problem for most platforms etc as the floor isnt seen. 

The simple MS navmesh doesnt show in camera view but as it is designed as a movement tool, chracters sometimes walk in loops, crcle first etc. Is there a mod mesh available for using for MS puppets to walk on but texture of mesh doesnt show on camera, allowing floor etc to show.

regards

dennis

#2 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:00 PM

I have never had that problem with navmeshes. They were originally created to allow puppets to occupy different heights in the set not for movement, that came later. The only thing I can think is that you have a puppet moving from the terrain onto a navmesh and are rotating the stop position somehow, or that you are moving the navmesh and (as I said in another post) the leading edge is not at the front.

The easiest solution I would think is to edit your model in SketchUp and remove its floor before importing to MS.

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#3 coolwebranger

coolwebranger

Upcoming director

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking Football, Bowls, Playing Keyboard (badly), Grandchildren, Motor homing with fabulous wife, Supporting Southampton FC, Bird watching, Photography (ex professional photographer), Walking moors, hills and rivers, too little time, so much to do.

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

Thanks. I do get different results when changing the mesh orientation as I noted what you said previously, but its not consistent. I may be inadvertently be moving the stop point in movement but dont think so. As you say, removing the floor would seem to be the answer. Thankyou for your help and advice. Really appreciated.