• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:22 AM

I'm not on my home PC right now to check but I swear I saw a .dds that had a transparency. Well, if it's .png that will do. Thanks.

The road looks sweet. Hopefully you can enlarge it.

#22 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

I am impressed at your persistence David.

#23 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:08 PM

@ david-

I know that sometimes when I have a PM, I get a little (1) next to "Private Messages". Sometimes I don't. I'm not sure if that happens to you but you've got mail.

#24 equinoxx

equinoxx

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 916 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

(AngriBuddhist)
I'm not on my home PC right now to check but I swear I saw a .dds that had a transparency.
.dds does support alpha channels; there are several different sub-formats with different options regarding color depth and alpha channels. It's been a while since I did it, but if I recall correctly, when I modded the coffee shop window to change the graphic, I saved it as DXT3 (8bits per pixel/explicit alpha), and it works fine.

(davidwww)
I have managed to get a few prop roads published, they do need to be marginally bigger as the cars overlap the sides (these ones have been scaled up to the max) hopefully I will figure out how to make them a bit larger.
You can change the scaling during conversion directly in nbconv. Under "settings," untick "Use auto-resize" and click "Set size for resize" to select a scaling factor... you may have to experiment a little to get the size you want.
David "equinoxx" Anderson
http://www.veoh.com/...els/equinoxxent

#25 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:51 AM

Thanks equinoxx I managed to figure it out last night, I was sought of getting it right, thats my biggest problem I just charge into some thing and don't take any notes of the changes I have made then later I can't remember what I did

Regards
David

So I have finally gotten some roads into Moviestorm, I think they give a street scene a more real look

Moviestorm still Number One

#26 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

That looks great David, good work getting this to function smile.gif

#27 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:53 AM

Yes!!! Lookin' good David.

#28 jleao

jleao

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:00 PM

Hi guys,

i'm completely new to this modding stuff and i need some help.

I was having trouble making nbconv to work, but i know found the problem and it's working.

Now i can convert my 3d obj. What should i do now to import it to Moviestorm? I read Ben's tips, but canīt make them work. He say's "Once you have found your prop's directory, browse to the templates folder", but i canīt find any templates folder. I must be doing everything wrong.

Is it possible to have a step by step tutorial on how to import a prop, after conversion with nbconv? Something for a complete newbie like me? Thanks so much.

#29 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

Thankyou kkffoo and AB for those kind words, hopefully I will be able to pack up the roads and send them to whom ever needs them and some of the other props aswell, the model site I download my models from has said. As long as there are visible credits to us for the models in your
application or documentation, then you can use our 3D models royalty free
for your purposes.
So I will put up a screen shot of all the props I have, and if you would like a copy I will pack it and send it to you with their web site address for you to add to the credits of any movie you make with them.

(jleao)
Is it possible to have a step by step tutorial on how to import a prop, after conversion with nbconv? Something for a complete newbie like me? Thanks so much.

I have decided to bite the bullet and make a video tutorial on how I get a model into Moviestorm and turn it into a prop, I haven't done this before but I have downloaded a program called Camstudio so it shouldn't be too hard, hopefully I will have it done by tomorrow Perth time (as its 11:05pm here now) hopefully I can make it easier for everybody.

Regards
Davidwww

#30 jleao

jleao

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

Thanks so much for that video tutorial (great idea). I will be looking forward to watch it. Now that i'm able to use nbconv i'm really excited to learn about modders workshop and i get more excited after seeing the work you've been making. Congrats on that.

#31 zuckerman

zuckerman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

david yer a mad genius! this is all looking spectacular!

#32 Ben_S

Ben_S

Master Director

• Mods
  • 4811 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:36 PM

(jleao)
Now i can convert my 3d obj. What should i do now to import it to Moviestorm? I read Ben's tips, but canīt make them work. He say's "Once you have found your prop's directory, browse to the templates folder", but i canīt find any templates folder. I must be doing everything wrong.

In the modders workshop there is a tree view. Suppose you called your prop 'Wheelchair' (as people are wont to do, just now).
First you would need to find your wheelchair prop folder in that tree view.
ie Models/Wheelchair
Then you would go to the sub folder called templates.

I've added a pic from the modders workshop where i have browsed to the Primatives model (which contains the cubes and pillers and posters).
Ben Sanders
Moviestorm Ltd

#33 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:24 AM

(zuckerman)
david yer a mad genius! this is all looking spectacular!

ditto what zukerman says... I'm impressed!
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#34 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

I really wanted some one to type at a computer keyboard in one of the movies I have lined up to make (once the crime pack comes out) so I did a bit of sleight of hand and came up with this, he really sits there and types (using play music gesture 1 which is close enough) if you want this go into the Modders workshop and create a new template of the keyboard with the seat and rename it, click on the materials and remove the keyboard save and then publish in a new folder called keyboard invisible or what ever.
you need to keep the small stool so you have something to click on to make the character sit down and play but the stool can be covered by another chair now all you do is add the table and computer, and there you go.

Regards
David

#35 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:34 AM

David that is fantastic. I knew you could do it. Can't wait for you to publish these mods, especially for me, the road mods. When I have pavement off the grid for a large city or town, I currently use tinted rugs so I will be so happy with a real road.

You really have the knack for this. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work.