3 replies to this topic

#1 spenayoung

spenayoung

Director

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

Hello All,

After the animated opera Libertaria, I am playing around about creating a short machinima ballet, but I am limited in what MS currently has in regards to either classical ballet or modern ballet moves. I will also be needing more classical instrument performers than the few available eventually (right now there is violin, piano, etc.).

Any suggestions for classical ballet moves by third parties? Or has anyone done any mods for cello, classical percussion, or even a conductor (though the magic wand gestures work ok for this).

Thanks!
Sabrina
Sabrina Pena Young
Composer/Filmmaker/Sci-fi Junkie
Libertaria: The Virtual Opera

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Visit My Website

#2 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

Just a follow up note on this -- if any modder ever dared try this (granted, it seems hideously difficult given the level of perfection and grace that would be required to make them usable, not to mention having to know and research the poses, moves, and transitional states) -- I would happily be on the list of investors! smile.gif

As for instruments, I would definitely get behind that as well if anyone were thinking of taking that sort of commission. I would love a harp mod in addition to spenayoung's wishlist.

#3 sosberg

sosberg

Master Director

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

I would like to help but that's way out of my league. Here is a nice Harp animation though. smile.gif

Attached Files

• Attached File  Harp.jpg   12.34KB   6 downloads

I would like to see us get this place right first before we have the arrogance to put significantly flawed civilizations out onto other planets, even though they may be utterly uninhabited.
--PATRICK STEWART--

#4 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:57 AM

I was just at NYC ballet tonight to see the Nutcracker -- it sure would be cool to be able to do some of that in MS! But yes, crazy challenging I think.