#21 sburke3002

sburke3002

Master Director

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Feb 17 2012, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I agree that its Spam!

but she did make the first Episode a full one I could not make it though 5 min's mind you I found it bleeding boring and minuteness, It was even worse then my voice demo I may have been the only one doing the voice work just like Delores but I spent countless hours making one 20min show and I only made one!
her first episode is around 15 minutes long I would have to imagine the rest are around the same length.
I wonder how long she spent making each episode?
Because for every episode she made she made a short ad. at last count when I checked to see how many movies she had posted the number was 86,
me and Menros have made 6 episode of star wreck if we had not of procrastinated we could have had 6 episode done in maybe a year and a half rather then the 5 years it did take. of those episodes we only advertised 4 and we took some of the best footage we had to advertise and generate interest,
of the 7 ad's of Delores I did watch, in no way shape or form did any of them capture my interest. and if that's some of her best footage then she has allot to learn about how to make good movies

Advertising, smadvertizaing, sadvertising. However you'd like to phrase it all, I enjoyed creating every minute of the content. Building and designing the web site was a breeze. That was what? two days worth of work. What's been the most greatest challenge of all, was learning how to operate moviestorm's cameras. By far, I think moviestorm is the best animation software of all. I've even tried SIMS, and it was a more lifeless juvenile approach. Unfortunately, I may never get that much time off again to enjoy doing something I really love. My realistic yet not ideal job is boring to say the least, but it pays all of my bills.

In any case, be kind to one another and enjoy the show.

Smile!
My Moments in Love..."The Real Animated Soap Opera"

#22 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Nahton @ Feb 17 2012, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think what was wrong was pointed out earlier by this person:

It is a woman's right to change her mind and I have done that especially since everyone started being so mean to this new user.

#23 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 17 2012, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is a woman's right to change her mind and I have done that especially since everyone started being so mean to this new user.

Ok, got it.

But in the future can you give us a heads up when you think you might change your mind so we can voice our opinions before you decree it is no longer acceptable?

FYI - I'm not accepting your characterization of "everyone being mean" as a valid assertion. I think people are trying to point out why this particular marketing tactic is not really acceptable to them. I'm afraid the message is not being received and the responses could be characterized as being dismissive, even in cases where care was taken to deliver them in a friendly manner.

That is my non-emotional, non-personal assessment of "What's going on".

I'll now return to being not serious.

#24 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Nahton @ Feb 17 2012, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, got it.

But in the future can you give us a heads up when you think you might change your mind so we can voice our opinions before you decree it is no longer acceptable?

FYI - I'm not accepting your characterization of "everyone being mean" as a valid assertion. I think people are trying to point out why this particular marketing tactic is not really acceptable to them. I'm afraid the message is not being received and the responses could be characterized as being dismissive, even in cases where care was taken to deliver them in a friendly manner.

That is my non-emotional, non-personal assessment of "What's going on".

I'll now return to being not serious.

spam and telephone solicitors have never impressed me if anything they turn me off whatever product it is and to be honest it could be the recipe for imortality or the location of the fountain of youth or the miracle cure for all of human ailments but I would be so busy being turned off by the spam I would not even know. The reality is that all the clips I saw were tiny segments and not well set up all the voices were almost identical and so after one or two clips I had had enough and made up my mind. I dont need someone to hit me over the head with a 2x4 to help me decide if I want to watch something or even like something. This is not an issue of "good marketting" and in the interest of even selling the software moviestorm. Its spam and should be treated as spam and removed all but the original upload. But then I am wierd I guess and this is my second encounter with smaller companies not wanting to take action on spam which was actually harmful (although maybe they have taken action and I have not noticed lol for all I know they are busy coding something to prevent this from ever happening again)

#25 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 17 2012, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that most people have tried initially at least to be tactful however I find it equally mean and disrespectful to abuse the community and moviestorm site by doing this. Its not marketting its hurtful to moveistorm the company because new users watch those videos and they will only see a ton of tiny clips made mostly of stills and will drive business away. It wont help her sell her movies because people dont like being harassed and that is exactly what spam is its a form of virtual harassment. I find the type of behaviour of impossing yourself to the cost of excluding all others extremely selfish and mean and hurtful. I will honestly say that people have been quite civil in their reactions and explanations while the person on the other end is pretty much completely unfeeling about the entire thing.

If you want to defend the underdog that is okay I guess but defending poor behaviour and what is considered "poor netiquette" just because is not a rational or even right.

I read in another thread how often newcomers spam movie storm with tons of uploads I guess maybe I am an enigma then as the one thing I didnt want to do is upload a bunch of half baked things to this site when I realized how the movies were tied into the software pages. And I have a lot of really bad clips that are tests of me trying to get things to work which I could have burried other movies in but I chose not to. Heck I didnt even upload my santa movie or my music competition video.

#26 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (lucindamc123 @ Feb 17 2012, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you should go back and re-read the posts that led up to the point where you think everyone was being mean.

We offered friendly advice and she took the tone that we were wrong to give it.

Beyond that, she made it apparent that she considered our opinions, (the opinions of the market she was advertising to), as unimportant.

If the people you want to watch your stuff tell you why they aren't going to watch your stuff and you take the position that those people, (your market), just don't understand your brilliant marketing strategy, there's something seriously wrong with you.

Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#27 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (urbanlamb @ Feb 17 2012, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heck I didnt even upload my santa movie

Thanks

#28 urbanlamb

urbanlamb

Master Director

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (keithlawrence @ Feb 17 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks

lol actually with all this newbie uploading I decided to upload me santa movie lol and one other I mean my channel is barren

Its also not "that" bad considering it was my very first ever moviestorm movie and had no clue how the software really worked. blink.gif

oh and your welcome haha

#29 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

I'm going to need to put Santa in my movie just for Keith.smile.gif

He doesn't belong there, Keith, but just because you love him so much, I'm gonna include him. hehe

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#30 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (corthew @ Feb 17 2012, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to need to put Santa in my movie just for Keith.smile.gif

He doesn't belong there, Keith, but just because you love him so much, I'm gonna include him. hehe

Keith dose not love Santa he hates him or have you not noticed how many times he has killed Santa in his movies, honestly i am surprised he did not kill Santa in his movie "the wonderful world of Moviestorm"

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally

#31 primaveranz

primaveranz

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 5409 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Feb 18 2012, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keith dose not love Santa he hates him or have you not noticed how many times he has killed Santa in his movies, honestly i am surprised he did not kill Santa in his movie "the wonderful world of Moviestorm"

OGG rolleyes.gif

"If we only use 1/3 of our brain, what's the other 1/3 for?"

#32 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (PapaG @ Feb 17 2012, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am surprised he did not kill Santa in his movie "the wonderful world of Moviestorm"

Yeah Keith,

I've wondered that myself. Why didn't you kill Santa there?

He would have been perfect for the guy falling face first off the mountain.

#33 PapaG

PapaG

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 864 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (corthew @ Feb 18 2012, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah Keith,

I've wondered that myself. Why didn't you kill Santa there?

He would have been perfect for the guy falling face first off the mountain.

or even the super power sequence you could have killed him there with a falling building or levitated car!

Gerald Lang

papag.jpg

I am around occasionally