specifically, you'll find a whole load of new articles and resources for
our Education users, and a brand new version of the software called
Moviestorm Schools, which has content suitable for users under the age
of 14.

The Moviestorm team would like to say a very big "Thank you" to everyone
who has contributed to the new site, especially those of you who have
allowed us to use your Moviestorm movies, or provided information about
yourselves for our case studies. For any of you that feel that you would
like to feature in our future articles, please let us know!

I hope that you all enjoy the new-look site and happy Moviestorming!

The Moviestorm Team.

Amos Willbond
Creative Producer
Moviestorm Ltd.

#2 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

It looks great. I am very happy and excited about this change.

#3 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

Odd, I see no change, even after clearing cache, also the education link at the bottom is broken for me? I get a 404 not found blink.gif

#4 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (kv @ Mar 25 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Odd, I see no change, even after clearing cache, also the education link at the bottom is broken for me? I get a 404 not found blink.gif

Which part of the site are you looking at KV, as some, such as the forums, look the same.

But the main homepage is hugely different, have you tried maybe typing www.moviestorm.co.uk direct into you browser instead of using a favorite, just in case thats causing your issue, although my normal favorites link works fine

#5 luxaeternam

luxaeternam

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1053 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

Well, I'm not a fan of the new design (far too much black and not enough negative space to make it work), but most of all, the forums are still stuck way back when...

Last visit in 2009, nobody has a birthday today (and yet mathematics tells us otherwise given the number of members).

I don't know, but it just feels like a waste of man hours. I bet I'm not the only person that would prefer a content pack.
"Les miroirs feraient bien de réfléchir un peu plus avant de renvoyer les images" : Jean Cocteau

#6 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

Click on Marketplace at the top of this screen and you will see the new design. It is not a new design for the forums or the Movies section.

#7 andy_price

andy_price

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 986 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

great new site look.

I would be happy and honored to feature in any of your future articles

forumsig.png

#8 Moviestorm

Moviestorm

Master Director

• Mods
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (kv @ Mar 25 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It can take a little while for all the new changes to propagate through all the various caches on the Internet.

If you see a broken link, please tell us which page you were on when you saw it so we can track it down. Thanks!

The Moviestorm Team

#9 kv

kv

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1941 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

Both the Education and the Careers links in the link list at the bottom of the forum are broken (404 not found)

Clicking Movies link at the top of the forum sends us to the old design, if you want to direct to the new design you need to change the URL which still points at moviestorm.co.uk/community.

I`m undecided on the new design, it looks to have a lot of empty space and something else not quite right. Could be I need time to get used to it but right now I`m not to sure about it.

Also on the movies page where is the links for My Movies, and Upload? I can`t see any of them unsure.gif

Lastly I can understand the forums have not had a change, but clicking a movie to view brings up the old design aswell, this can be confusing to new users in particular when they are sent to different looks on the site.

#10 daleh

daleh

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 810 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Mar 25 2011, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm not a fan of the new design (far too much black and not enough negative space to make it work), but most of all, the forums are still stuck way back when...

I don't know, but it just feels like a waste of man hours. I bet I'm not the only person that would prefer a content pack.

I actually like the new design, never was a fan of orange as a color! But I guess given the choice between new content packs and looking at orange it would be give me orange all the way.

But with the move into the education sector I guess it made sense for them to update the site to reflect this, if this means more revenue for MS from education user and so more funds for developement and packs in the future then i guess its worth a small delay, its been a quiet start to the year for sure with no major new content for ages.

I just worry about what direction the new content will take now if they are moving more to an educational tool as their main area......have my fingers crossed we will still see movie themed packs

#11 Harb40

Harb40

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Mar 25 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm not a fan of the new design (far too much black)

Although the layout looks a little better, I do have to agree that the background is too dark. Something a bit lighter and more inviting would be better.
The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.

#12 jakechief

jakechief

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

It will take a little getting used to, but I like it. It reminds me of the web design back in early 2009.

Well done, guys!
Radio host of "The Storm Hour" Saturdays at 1 Pacific, 3 Central, 4EST, 9Uk, 10EUR, only on www.tmoaradio.com

#13 Armanus

Armanus

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1532 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

Imagine my surprise when I came to the site and saw the redesign!

I think it's very slick and professional, and much more focused on giving a first-time viewer an understanding of what the site is about. Kudos!

If I could offer some small feedback, I love how you have the main page slide to different descriptions (professional, educational, etc.) but the pause between the slides is so short you can't even start to read what is in the descriptions. I would suggest slowing that down to 5-10 seconds if you could just so someone can at least glance over the text and determine a level of interest.

Great job MS peeps!

#14 Robear

Robear

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (luxaeternam @ Mar 25 2011, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. You are not the only one... dry.gif

#15 Stormscape

Stormscape

Master Director

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:10 AM

I like the new color scheme a lot. It's all sleek and stuff and much easier on the eyes than white and orange.

#16 chadaproductions

chadaproductions

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

Liking It! If I had to be really nitty gritty, I did notice a small typo in the "more info" on education:
This is a commercial made for a company in New York called Advantage Ads. They provide the the plasma screens in supermarkets that have ads playing on them.

And also, a nice big button to get to the forums wouldn't go amiss. I think the forums are one of the greatest parts of the Moviestorm package, so I would advertise it a bit more. But apart from that, fantastic!

Chada Productions
Video Production & Animation

Website
Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter!
Email Us!

#17 Poulet Noir

Poulet Noir

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1136 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:05 PM

I much prefer screens to be dark background and light writing - much more easy on the eyes - so I'm giving the new layout a thumbs up.

I do get where Lux is coming from however, as the last truly original pack release (filters aside) was Cartoon World back in July 2010. The last original pack featuring 'realistic' content for use in movies appears to be the restaurant dining pack from May 2010.

Okay, there have been other releases featuring boosted Photostorm and Greetingstorm content, but nothing pushing the functionality of Moviestorm for almost a year now, although the filter packs really do deserve honourable mention.

I've got over 11,000 Moviestorm points sitting there doing diddly, when I could have been investing in BP, Libyan tourism or nuclear power futures! C'mon peeps, blow our socks off with something fab, and soon!

"Come back Black Chicken! Leave us an egg or something..." Love at First Bite

Bat avatar used by kind permission of Jon Huckeby. Check out his blog!

#18 iceaxe

iceaxe

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1193 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

It reminds me of the original website before it went all candy colours. It looked something like this.

So, it's definately an improvement. But now there's a disconnect between the homepage and the forums - will they be updated too?

#19 tkd27

tkd27

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (iceaxe @ Mar 26 2011, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It reminds me of the original website before it went all candy colours. It looked something like this.

So, it's definately an improvement. But now there's a disconnect between the homepage and the forums - will they be updated too?

I agree with you. What is especially odd is that once you navigate to the forums, clicking back through to Movies brings you to the OLD movies page, rather than the new one. It's a difference between these two URLs:

http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/
and
http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/hub/movies

Stylistically it's jarring, though I appreciate still being able to use the old Movies page because the new one lacks a lot of the social features, like seeing your friends' recent activity and seeing recently uploaded movies. But I can't understand why this disconnect exists. Is the new site considered to be in Beta?

#20 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Poulet Noir @ Mar 26 2011, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got over 11,000 Moviestorm points sitting there doing diddly,

Oh, oh, make a contest.
How about "Poulet Noir Killing Santa Contest" A 15 to 30 sec movie where you suppose to kill santa in a bloody way. Creativity is rewarded.
Just a suggestion laugh.gif