44 replies to this topic

#41 forgeuk

forgeuk

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

(jonCates)
i downloaded + started working w/the Mac OSX vrsn + it is very unstable.

Hi Jon, On my Mac mini and Macbook (non-pro) I have to dial down the graphics settings to minimum, otherwise its unstable. So depends if its one of the 'lower end' macs you have. If I remember correctly, one of the Moviestorm Programmers are using a Mac book pro....so should run on those no problem :-)

Scott Hather

#42 jonCates

jonCates

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:57 PM

the Mac OS X machine i am on is a MacBook Pro laptop w/a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo w/1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM so its mid-range (not the lowest or highest end) but the instability of Moviestorm is severe. sum of these crashes are complete system crashes where a Moviestorm crash takes down the OS

#43 AngriBuddhist

AngriBuddhist

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

1 GB? At this point, that's low.

Is there anything in particular that you're doing when the crashes occur? What type of graphics card are you using?

#44 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:53 AM

(DeerKillers)
Another error, when I open a character in the 1.1 Version (a custom puppet from 1.0.4 version) the face is invisible. It's fun, you can see only hairs and glasses without face, hands and neck. lol

Some of the faces don't work, but just put your character in starmaker and choose another face. There are plenty similiar ones to choose that should match up fine. Also some of the hairstyles are not there.

#45 bongoman

bongoman

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:21 AM

Thanks, I'm downloading now, looking forward to using it!