DONE! :mrgreen:

#22 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:49 PM

(yolise)
The competition really is about making a Greeting. You can enter a movie, of course, and if we think it looks like a Greeting, we'll consider it. If it doesn't, we won't throw it out, but it probably won't win. smile.gif

Ack! Okay, scrubbing original idea. Were's my muse? Muse! C'mon, muse! Ah, there it is! :idea:

#23 Nolos!

Nolos!

Novice director

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:50 AM

(johnnie)
(yolise)
(Armanus)
How do we submit an entry?

When you upload your movie, you'll see the competition entry form on the movie page.

You can also submit your movie from the competition page itself. If you're logged in to your Moviestormer account, you'll see a drop-down list (just below the heading "Enter this competition"). The list contains every movie currently uploaded on your Moviestormer page. Just pick the appropriate movie and click "Enter now".

Obviously, for this to work you'll need to be logged in to the site, and you'll need to have uploaded your competition entry movie already.

I uploaded my movie a few minutes ago, 'Jingle Bell Funk' (shameless plug, sorry) but did not see a link to submit to competition. Also tried from my account, but nothing there. Do I have to wait til the movie is encoded before I see anything?

Nolos.

#24 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:15 AM

I think submissions closed at midnight GMT, which was like 4 hours, 15 minutes ago, I believe.

#25 Nolos!

Nolos!

Novice director

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:39 AM

[quote=act3scene24]I think submissions closed at midnight GMT, which was like 4 hours, 15 minutes ago, I believe.

Great, I'm a victim of the cross continental time warp thingy. Also, a 49er fan had to tell me. And yeah, the Raiders have sucked for the last few years, but I'm still a fan. One day they WILL win a game.

I have faith.

Nolos.

#26 Hirsches

Hirsches

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:29 AM

Oh no! To late!

I thought it was midnight in the night from Tuesday to Wednesday.
So I planned to upload it today.

Done all that work in vain. sad.gif
Coming soon: Jailhouse Revival (christian film) | Pilot's Tales (aviation adventure series) | Next Door Neighbours (sitcom series) | Country Patrol

#27 RUN415

RUN415

Master Director

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:12 AM

As I type this, Google GMT states...

Tuesday, 16 December 2008
08:07:33 (a.m.)

..which means...unless I'm mistaken...
that there should be 16 hours to go.

What's going on?
F I L M S C O R E
GOOD MOVIE MUSIC
And there was much rejoicing...

#28 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:28 AM

Seems like a noon deadline might be less confusing. My guess is still submit your movies today and see what Yolise has to say when she gets to work.

#29 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:29 AM

I'm guessing that they're going on the fact that when it turns midnight, it becomes the 16th...I dunno, that's why when I used to run online leagues for sports video games, I would give 11:59pm deadline hours to make things clearer for this exact reason. tongue.gif

#30 RUN415

RUN415

Master Director

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

Maybe a little countdown clock or something might help?
I am however, of the opinion a mistake has been made.
Maybe by me for not entering earlier smile.gif
Oh well...no big deal.
F I L M S C O R E
GOOD MOVIE MUSIC

#31 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:30 AM

Don't panic guys, I think Midnight is 14 and a half hours away by my reckoning (it is 09.30 am on Tuesday the 16th right now)

Don't down tools yet, but do hurry!
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#32 act3scene24

act3scene24

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:36 AM

(Chris Ollis)
Don't panic guys, I think Midnight is 14 and a half hours away by my reckoning (it is 09.30 am on Tuesday the 16th right now)

Don't down tools yet, but do hurry!

The link to entering a film into the competition is gone. You gots to help the peoples out.

#33 RUN415

RUN415

Master Director

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:48 AM

Thanks Chris.
Will it be open again?
F I L M S C O R E
GOOD MOVIE MUSIC

#34 Chris Ollis

Chris Ollis

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1631 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:08 AM

[quote=act3scene24]The link to entering a film into the competition is gone. You gots to help the peoples out.

Is it? Damn, ok, even I was confused by the midnight thing then, hold on, Lisa will be here shortly to clarify.

Chris
Chris Ollis
Caretaker of www.moddingstorm.co.uk, the one stop shop for all your extra addon needs
Plus Minor Web Celebrity, Viral Guru, Advertising storyboarder, Toy designer, BBC and Channel4 comedy writer/animator :D

#35 Guest_yolise_*

Guest_yolise_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

We had a long conversation about this actually because it confused me rather badly as well. Because it's automated, it's a server system clock issue. So the competition has ended already, I'm sorry to say.

I've already decided that any other competitions will end at noon GMT from now on!

Sorry to anyone who missed the deadline, so, if you've got an entry, post it in this thread and we'll consider it up until the end of today. That's 11:59 pm (23:59) GMT, Tuesday the 16th for the avoidance of confusion!

#36 Nolos!

Nolos!

Novice director

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

Thanks, here ya go...

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1535

Nolos.

#37 RUN415

RUN415

Master Director

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

Excellent! That's good news.
Thank you very much.

F I L M S C O R E
GOOD MOVIE MUSIC

#38 Hirsches

Hirsches

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:46 PM

Thank you very much! smile.gif

I'll hurry up!
Coming soon: Jailhouse Revival (christian film) | Pilot's Tales (aviation adventure series) | Next Door Neighbours (sitcom series) | Country Patrol

#39 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

I have an entry. The title is The Christmas Stalking

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1546

#40 Hirsches

Hirsches

Upcoming director

• Pioneers
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

So here's my entry:

http://www.moviestor...Servlet?id=1545

Haven't had enought time to make the movie better, but I hope you like it anyway. smile.gif

Directed by:
K. Scheel

Voices:
Lucinda McNary

Music:
Roger McGuinn
Kevin McLeod

All music is under Creative Commons license.

Happy holidays!