• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sweatyshoulder

Sweatyshoulder

Novice director

• Pioneers
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:16 AM

Why does it show so many connected users when I know for a fact that many of those people really aren't on?

I'm on my dad's computer right now and before I logged in, I looked at the "connected users" portion of the site and saw my name was there...

#2 Rysto

Rysto

Novice director

• Pioneers
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:50 AM

Wondered that too. I also get email updates that I try to connect to...and it says the thread doesn't exist(i.e. All requests for the beta program here.) I KNOW that one exists.
A Lionheader.
Click this for Moviestorm Projects
Click this for Rysto's Workshop

#3 Sweatyshoulder

Sweatyshoulder

Novice director

• Pioneers
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:32 PM

That same thing happens with me. My email is spammed up with things I can't even access!

#4 bengarrett1971

bengarrett1971

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:51 AM

Hi Sweatyshoulder,

The reason for the long list of "connected users" is that I increased the time delay of the forum's "automatic logout" feature - it kept automatically logging people out after 10 minutes, losing all the information about their "new posts since last visit" in the process. This was so annoying that I changed the automatic logout from 10 minutes to something like 48 hours, so it looks like people who logged in yesterday are still there.

The problem with the e-mail reminders is that the link in the e-mail is wrong - the forum software has a bug that I haven't been able to track down, and it seems to add a spurious couple of digits to the post number in the URL is generates (often adding 77). I'll keep looking for a fix for this.

Ben
Moviestorm Community Website Developer

#5 Sweatyshoulder

Sweatyshoulder

Novice director

• Pioneers
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:59 AM

Hey great! Thanks for the update smile.gif

#6 Cruleworld

Cruleworld

Critically acclaimed