• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:34 PM

A woman hides in a telephone box to avoid an unwelcome admirer.

hi-res

http://www.veoh.com/...v579653nKnJd8CH

Spot the subliminal advertising :mrgreen:

#2 Michelle

Michelle

Critically acclaimed

• Pioneers
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:52 PM

Very nice Kate! I loved all the extras milling about, very nicely co-ordinated.
My machinima:
http://britannicadreams.com/
More machinima:
http://www.mprem.com/

#3 mrjoyce

mrjoyce

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:28 PM

A bus! The shadows make the wheels look like they are moving. Congratulations!
"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations" - Orson Welles

Pineapple Pictures
http://pinechunks.blogspot.com/

#4 reptor7

reptor7

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1299 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:40 PM

Nicely done! Love the bus!

#5 Toriel

Toriel

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

Very nice!

You made the street feel alive with all the extras.
I also noticed that it probably takes place during rush hour. All the busses give it away! :wink:
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.

May the Muses inspire you today.

#6 Rysto

Rysto

Novice director

• Pioneers
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:44 PM

Where do you live that has that many buses that show up that regularly?

Great set dressing. Loved all the extras actions; gave the scene a very real feeling.
A Lionheader.
Click this for Moviestorm Projects
Click this for Rysto's Workshop

#7 Fulkster

Fulkster

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2292 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:56 PM

lol... I liked the bus with my little signature slogan advertisement (reversed) in it! tongue.gif
Always nice (artistic) work!
The next big thing: MOVIESTORM!

See my most recent movie: "Athena Project: Chapter 2 (Down the Rabbit-hole)"
http://www.moviestor...p;vid_id=102329

(Soon, "Athena Project 3: The Laws Of Robotics"

Moddingstorm! Cool Mods!

#8 revdoug

revdoug

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:58 PM

I thought that the number of buses represented the passage of a fairly long time.

I really liked it.

revdoug

#9 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:44 AM

Thanks everyone, I've added a link to a higher res version in my first post.

I was getting frustrated with the lack of kerbs/ gutters at the side of the road..the only roads I can think of which are flat like that are pedestrianised in the centre of a town...these kind of streets are often one-way only and can have a deliveries, bus and taxi lane.
I imagined the bus station (depot) was just around the corner. laugh.gif

I modded a simple cube so it would accept user images, and staggered these so I could make the backdrop less flat looking.

I learned a lot from doing this piece. Having a widescreen output makes it tricky to do compositing..because it's easy for layers to drift apart...the actual output from my editor is widescreen + two strips of black top and bottom and anything within these spaces will show up.

#10 Nova

Nova

Wannabe film-maker

• Pioneers
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:47 PM

Loved it, Kate! Convincingly put together with a lot of attention to getting the right 'look and feel'.

Good work!

#11 Kheri

Kheri

Wannabe film-maker

• Pioneers
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:51 PM

LOL OK ... I just have to ask ... perhaps I should be afraid to ask but ...

I've watched it a couple times now ... in the beginning ... the guy with the limp ... the one who scratches his butt ... what exactly was he doing? LOL I'll not say right now what it looks like he's doing, but ... it made me laugh ... that's a good thing. tongue.gif

#12 DavidB

DavidB

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 793 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

kerbs - noted!

(lovely piece, btw, and anyone who knows London busses ill know that a VERY long time is represented by those busses!)
David J W Bailey ACA MA MSc GIBiol MInstD

blog.david.bailey.net www.twitter.com/davidjwbailey www.flickr.com/people/davidjwbailey

#13 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:06 PM

(Kheri)
LOL OK ... I just have to ask ... perhaps I should be afraid to ask but ...

I've watched it a couple times now ... in the beginning ... the guy with the limp ... the one who scratches his butt ... what exactly was he doing? LOL I'll not say right now what it looks like he's doing, but ... it made me laugh ... that's a good thing. tongue.gif

Well originally he was supposed to be posting a letter, then I realised I couldn't 'use' any of the paper props so I tried to hoik him around to a position where it might look like he could be posting a letter, after some time spent I became glad when he reached a position where he wasn't half inside the post-box, and decided he was talking to his imaginary friend who lives inside the post box. I was going to make eyes peeping out of the letter slot but I lost the will and left the situation ambiguous.

He is actually a she, but you can't really tell in that coat smile.gif

#14 Kheri

Kheri

Wannabe film-maker

• Pioneers
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:17 PM

LMAO well, now that "he" IS a "she", it makes my view of this hilarious ...

Do you have any idea what I thought "he" was doing?

LOL too too funny.

#15 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:34 AM

Very nice. But where did you get the bus? Or am I missing a prop? Very nice modding and how do you mod a simple block to get it to accept images?

#16 kkffoo

kkffoo

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 3288 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

Lucinda, there's a tick box in the modder's workshop called 'user image', it's near to where you input the diff file.

I rendered the scenes first, then I copied those renders outt o another file. I then re-rendered the scene using simple bckdrop 02, coloured green placed along the 'kerb line'..ie behind the post box but in front of the background shops.
I used a cut out of a bus in my editor and layered everything together.

#17 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:58 PM

(kkffoo)
Lucinda, there's a tick box in the modder's workshop called 'user image', it's near to where you input the diff file.

I rendered the scenes first, then I copied those renders outt o another file. I then re-rendered the scene using simple bckdrop 02, coloured green placed along the 'kerb line'..ie behind the post box but in front of the background shops.

Thanks a lot. This is very helpful. It sounds like you know what you are doing. I saw that tick box but when I tried it, it didn't work but I may not have saved it correctly. Now that I have the upgrade, it might work though.

#18 matt

matt

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 956 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

(kkffoo)
I was going to make eyes peeping out of the letter slot but I lost the will and left the situation ambiguous.

Awwwww!

I really enjoyed that.
Matt Kelland
Moviestorm Founder

#19 davidwww

davidwww

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1881 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:12 AM

Excellent little move, I am really impressed with the bus service in that town, every few seconds one comes past so you really don't have to wait long lol

Regards
Davidwww

Moviestorm still Number One

#20 lucindamc123

lucindamc123

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 9177 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

(kkffoo)

I am so proud - I was able to give the option to a lot of the objects to allow scaling - thanks to your help. So now I can finally have some outdoor statues, etc. The only problem I am still having is getting the simple props to take an image. There isn't a tic for it, except in another section where you choose the lighting shadows, etc and even though I click the user image box, it doesn't stay that way as soon as I excit the workshop.