Photo

Any other Mac Yosemite users having issues?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:33 AM

[If there is a better place for this post, moderator please feel free to move it]

My Shadows were fine pre Yosemite upgrade, but now I have the dreaded square-box shadows on my set. I have a Macbook Pro 2013 with dual video cards, the higher performance one is the Nvidia Geforce 650M which is set for use with MS. I went to Nvidia's page and a whole slew of people are having issues with yosemite 10.10.1 and this driver. Nvidia issued an update to the driver for my version of Yosemite but it will not install (just get a notice that "you cannot install this update on this computer").

As it turns out, the update to the driver is only for certain Macbook Pro builds with the 650M card, pre 2013. Neither Nvidia nor Apple have issued anything for the 2013 models with the 650M card (though there are updates for the 2013 models with the 660M card :-| ).

Just wondering if any other MSers have this issue -- which I am assuming is the cause of my rectangular-box shadows.

I have all of the latest updates released by apple for my OS. Alas, none of them have addressed this issue.

I want to maim faces.

#2 Ichikaidan

Ichikaidan

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (mattzart30 @ Dec 24 2014, 3:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to maim faces.

Hi, Mattzart
Yes i had an issue.
When Yosemite came out i upgraded mini Mac to it with AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB videocard , only to find horrible visual flakes. See here
I contacted Ben and decided to downgrade to Mavericks. . .
Since then Moviestorm runs flawless again.
What surprises me from your story is that you got a problem with a better video card?
I was hoping they got that sussed, but no.
Really a stupid thing of Apple to release such halfbaked os'es.
So if you have Time Machine i see no other options, as there have not been any video drivers in the updates for Yosemite as to revert to Mavericks.

Good luck and have you ever tried Mindfulness?
Greets, Ichikaidan
Creating situations and learning to see.

#3 mattzart30

mattzart30

Master Director

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:03 PM

It really is aggravating. Apple support says it is Nvdia's fault, and contact them. Nvdia support says it is Apple's fault, and contact them.

#4 keithlawrence

keithlawrence

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 1144 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

Sorry for your problems, Mattzart.
I upgraded to Yosemite a month ago but went staight back to Maverick as it messed up my MS. I didn´t bother to dive in to it to find a solution. I´m on a MBP2010. Works great with Maverick and Moviestorm
Hope you´ll find a way

#5 Ichikaidan

Ichikaidan

Critically acclaimed

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

Wow, don't let this spoil your festive days.
Save your current projects on an external disk
And hopefully if you got Time Machine active then
you can restore Mavericks overnight. Tomorrow just log in, put back projects and carry on.
Good luck and best wishes.
Creating situations and learning to see.