• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lexxrubix

lexxrubix

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

I have been working on animations on 3d studio max 10, I have transfered props and gestures after some trial and error and reading the posts of other people which helped (thank you for that) I followed the tutorial for exporting the files for held props but one file did not export and that was the character animation, there is a screen in 3ds that shows the root of the figure when I use the male figure from Amos' example it shows up correctly but when I use the female figure and start a new animation it does not show the Neutral pose only the pelvis there is something so obvious that I have missed but I cannot see it. I did get it to work by pasting the female skeleton file from MS and it all showed up in the modders workshop but after making the animated prop MS did not like it and would not runn properly, I had two extra selection tabs in the dressing room which corisponded with the files I had made. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Jim.

#2 corthew

corthew

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 2357 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (lexxrubix @ Jan 15 2012, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did get it to work by pasting the female skeleton file from MS and it all showed up in the modders workshop but after making the animated prop MS did not like it and would not runn properly, I had two extra selection tabs in the dressing room which corisponded with the files I had made. Any ideas?

I don't know that this is the case for you but the obvious mistake I made when importing my first animation was to have all of the created cal files in the addon folders from the puppet set. You should only have the animation files. The others need to be removed.
The tutorial I followed said they were not important but it left out that it was important not to include them.smile.gif

If this is for a held prop though or an interactive prop you will need all the files created from that step in the process.
Sango: "If it was really a miracle everyone would have been saved."

Vargas: "But if everyone was saved how would anyone know it was a miracle."

Sango and Vargas arguing over the implications of one person surviving an unexpectedly active tidal season.

#3 Nahton

Nahton

Master Director

• Pioneers
  • 930 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

Are you saying you created the animations separately for both male and female skeletons?

I ask this because you can't take an animation made with a male skeleton copy it into the female directories. It must be animated from scratch. Actually if you have a way to apply it to the female skeleton in 3DS Max and do some clean-up that should work as well. The point is the skeleton's are not identical and it's not just the obvious gender difference laugh.gif

#4 lexxrubix

lexxrubix

Moviegoer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Yes I see what you mean, I put files names that were different and it caused all sorts of problems, being tired didn't help either. selecting the skeleton file was something that confused me for a bit but now I can see were I went wrong. Thank you for your replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users